Hello from GA

Hey all,

My name is Anna I am 15 currently living in GA with my family. We currently own two dogs and a cat. I've owned animals all my life and have always been an avid dog lover, but these two are my first ever dogs. I've owned gerbils, fish, cats, guinea pigs, and a number of other animals, but these are my first dogs.

Abby my adopted girl (lab mix) was the first dog I have ever owned. We adopted her from a shelter back in 2005. The story behind how we ended up getting her is a very long and heart breaking one. So I won't tell it unless others would like to hear it. Anyway she's the best thing that had ever happened to me. I've recently gotten into agility (well sort of) with her. At the moment we are only doing backyard stuff, but I plan to sign up for some classes at our local training center and eventually get competitive with her.

Back in 2008 we brought home an 8 week old bundle of joy. Bo is now 2 (as of march 28th). He's your normal crazy every day boxer. I would also like to get into agility with him, but as of right now my main focus is else where.

Within the next year or so we will be adding another new addition. This dog will be mine as my parents have agreed that if I can raise the money I can get another dog. As of right now I am very conflicted over if I should get an Australian Shepherd or another Boxer. I have done my research and found some nice Aussie breeders in my area whom actively show and compete with their dogs in agility, conformation and herding and actively health test their breeding stock. I'm having some issues finding good boxer breeders in our area as so far all that I have found are BYB's.

Anywho now a bit about me. As I said I'm 15 a rising sophomore in HS and loving it. I had surgery recently to repair a torn ACL and meniscus which I received playing soccer. Soccer is literally my life and I have been playing since I was 5. So a total of 10 years now. Like I said earlier I've recently taken up agility with my two and though it's just back yard practice it's still fun. I've been doing Physical Therapy (have 5-6 months to go) therefore had to put our training on hold as I'm restricted from doing anything to "active". Agility is something I have decided to take on and once I'm released and allowed to start up sports again I think I might eventually start competing in Spring and just play soccer in the Fall.

here are some pics of the dogs
Bo-

Abby-

Some friends of ours were dog sitting so I attempted to get a group shot

Well that was a long intro. So I guess I won't bore you any longer lol

Last edited:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Hi and welcome! Your boxer boy is very pretty and your lab girl reminds me a lot of a dog I used to know named Lacey.

Who are you looking at for Aussie breeders? :) You can PM me the links if you don't want to post them on here.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Welcome to Chazhound. Nice dogs you got there.

MPP

petperson
Welcome! Your dogs are lovely. And yes, I would like to hear Abby's story some time.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Welcome to Chaz fellow Georgian! I'm down in Coweta, so a good ways from you. My dad lives up in the Buford/Buckhead area though, as does one of my sisters.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Welcome! From a fellow Georgian as well, Im also in Coweta county (I followed Charliedog :p ) Your dogs are so pretty.

Members online

No members online now.