Ontario Dog Expo?

B

Blue_Dog

Is anyone going to the Ontario Dog Expo? It's this Saturday at the Molson Centre in Barrie.

Links here: ?

Not the greatest guest they could have gotten really, but besides that it's supposed to be cool.

I'm not sure if I can make, Sam supposed to go for his check up that day at the vet and it was hard enough getting my Dad to finally have a free Saturday to do it, but I'd like to check it out if I can.

So anyone going to be there?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I can't attend as I'm working, but I don't think I would have been able to be on the same grounds as Pattison. I'm pretty sure I dislike him even more than CM.

Dekka

Just try me..
I want to go to troll him!! Sadly I am way too busy to go.

I want to walk around carrying Dekka.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
LOL! If I was a braver girl I would love to give him a piece of my mind.

I just sent the Expo and email saying that, in a nutshell, I would have loved to go but I can't support BP. We'll see if they email back.

Dekka

Just try me..
I missed trolling him at the AAPS. I was there, and most of the crowd was there just to see what horrible things he would say. One of the BC rescue people flat out refused when he went to take her dog. He kind of sneared and asked why, she said loudly "I don't want my dog to get hit"

Talking to the BC people I said its too bad you can't explain things after the fact with a dog. I would love to hand Sport over to him.. Sport would likely go ballistic on his a$$.

He HATES it when people carry dogs around. I wanted to carry Dekka around so he would pick on me, and then list out all her accomplishments and then ask if any of his dogs have them?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I missed trolling him at the AAPS. I was there, and most of the crowd was there just to see what horrible things he would say. One of the BC rescue people flat out refused when he went to take her dog. He kind of sneared and asked why, she said loudly "I don't want my dog to get hit"

Talking to the BC people I said its too bad you can't explain things after the fact with a dog. I would love to hand Sport over to him.. Sport would likely go ballistic on his a$$.

He HATES it when people carry dogs around. I wanted to carry Dekka around so he would pick on me, and then list out all her accomplishments and then ask if any of his dogs have them?
This is awesome! Major kudos to her - I would have loved to have said that to him.

And LOL, I would pay money to see you and Dekka show him up.

Dekka

Just try me..
The best was he told everyone in one of his talks that you can't fix a dog that hates men. All the counter conditioning wouldn't help and one day that dog would snap and bite of some guys face. I kid you not... he said this. All sorts of rescues were there, so many of the people involved having dealt with issues just of this sort.

Sport feared women when I got him, does that mean one day he will snap at me? LOL I think not!

B

Blue_Dog

I wasn't planning on going to see him if I do go, though I would be tempted to hear what he said. I would love to see you give him a piece of your mind Dekka. I wonder what he'd say.

I'd go in carrying Sam (100+lbs) but he doesn't have any accomplishments to brag about except for loving everybody. :p Plus he's heavy as hell.

I guess Sam is going to attack most of my family soon (my mom, me and my three sisters?) since he was afraid of women when we first got him. Though his old owner was pretty scary, I don't blame him. I'll have to be extra careful. He could be looking innocent, getting drool everywhere and then bam he remembers he hates women. XD

If I go I'll let you know how it was, though I don't think I'll be stopping to see BP.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
He took on Pugalug Pug rescue a couple years ago at all about pets screaming at them because they had dogs on harnesses. Most of the pugs they get in actually have collapsed trachea or mobility issues so they need harnesses or to be carried. Blanche had some choice words for him.

BP of course wanted them all on his line of martingales.

Dekka

Just try me..
We were directly across from a pug rescue this year at AAPS this year. We had some good fun laughing about some of the things BP said. One thing about him being there, he helped the rescue people connect, because no matter what breed they had, they were united in their horror over what he was saying.

B

Blue_Dog

So I did end up going to it. BP wasn't soooo bad, I suppose. When he did mention the carrying dogs thing he made some valid points like 'the dog is getting overheated sitting on your lap with your arms wrapped around it' (it was fairly warm even for me in there) and 'that dogs need to be able to experience life, small or not'. He even talked about the importance of socialization and playtime/mental stimulation. But by the end soooo many people were yanking their dogs around like he taught them to do. >.< There was no swearing and I didn't hear too much that would keep me up at night. But I didn't hear what he was telling people one-on-one though.

A lot of people were there hoping for easy-fixes for their dogs.

Sam had a blast though and he was sooooo well behaved. He didn't drool on anyone except for me. :) And there was only one mis-behaved dog that I saw (two if you count the toy chi that the woman wouldn't put on the ground at all) and they left pretty quickly.

I didn't get to see the agility show because my ride (my dad) said that I had spent enough time there. :p

Besides that, I got lots of free samples, signed an anti-BSL petition, learned that we might get another dog park and found out that Sam is a champ in crowds. :3

Dekka

Just try me..
He says carrying dogs is bad even if its cold out. It will make your dog aggressive, fearful, dominant, and a whole bunch of other things. Oh and impede training..

Glad he had toned it down a bit. Maybe havign people publicly tell him off made an impression.

B

Blue_Dog

I understand that, but he didn't say any of that, at least not on the stage.

Again I have no clue what he said one-on-one but I didn't hear him swearing or anything whenever I walked by. When he asked one woman to put her dog down, he pointed out that no one with great danes (there were some lovely GDs there <3), goldens or rotties had their dogs on their laps a lot of people that weren't too impressed with him suddenly had their larger-breed dogs on their laps. :p

Oh and he did steal candy from a kid, who turned out to be my sister's friend.

B

Blue_Dog

It was mentioned on here somewhere or maybe another forum.... but apparently he was in a bad mood that day.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
No reply yet from the Expo people about BP - either they don't care much or they've just been busy.

Glad you had a good time! Sam sounds like he was a total star, what a good boy.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
As per my opinion Ontario Expo dog is a dog friendly indoor event with the positive aspects of responsible dog ownership and the principles of selection and training the dog properly. The purpose of the exhibition is to promote responsible pet ownership among the current owners of pets and more. Throughout the day, different educational seminars will be available for pet owners to assist and educate themselves about responsible pet ownership, health and wellness and more.
So have you actually gone?

No one asked what it was, just if anyone was attending.

Your siggy promotes a psychologist. If that is indeed you it looks terrible for your business posting irrelevant posts and lying on a dog forum.

Members online

No members online now.