PItiful dogs that i found

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THe two little dogs i found and had to return to an owner that I didn't want to give them back to.
00000043.jpg picture by smkie - Photobucket
00000044.jpg picture by smkie - Photobucket

I got all the mats cut off from the underside freeing the tail and legs. I didn't have them long enough to get the nails or finish removing the mats on the dog's side.
00000042.jpg picture by smkie - Photobucket

excuse the laundry being used as towels. THey needed bathing due to extreme flea infestation, mats and dung stuck in their fur. They didn't know about baths so water was going everywhere. I threw anything handy on the floor to help soak it up. THe bathroom had to be bleached afterwards and I ran the laundry through twice. I can't believe two dogs could be so filthy. The water ran red from the flea debris.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The little white one really did have his nose out of joint ;)

I'm glad you helped them as much as you could, at least they got a little bit of relief. I hope the owner keeps it up.

ACooper

Awe smkie, that would SUCK to hand them back over........I know you don't want more dogs, but to think that's the shape the owners let them get into :(

I am glad you did what you could for them, like zoom said, hopefully the owners will make an attempt to keep it up.

Lolas Dad

Were these dogs lost that you found and then the owner came to claim them? If the story was posted in an earlier post I missed it.

xpaeanx

That first one looks just like an ewok! LOL.

That's really horrible that they were so filthy! :( Hopefully the owner got a bit of a wake up call?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I never saw a dog with such a crooked muzzle before. THe shnauzer had one bulbous mishapen ear. So probalby puppy mill dogs with bad breeding.
I posted a month or so ago when I found them. I had decided instead of trying to find the owner that it would be better if i handed them over to animal control but the owner showed up and there just wasn't much I could do.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I didn't save them grammy i handed them right back to what got them there in the first place and not a thing I could do about it. I drive past her house and think omg. THey have shelter and are obviously overweight, there is nothing anyone would do.

THose are poop balls in that pic. 3 hours with scissors. THe crying shame of it all is that dog KNEW about being groomed. Stood on top of a plastic bin like a champ holding rock still while i clipped hair after hair of those horrid mats. HE laid on his back and let me clear them away from his anus. It had to hurt and he was so glad to have them off. I had scissors in hand when she came to the door.

Both were very nice dogs. I mean i picked them up took them to the tub...I soaked that one's behind in water for 20 minutes trying to loosen that up. He never growled nor snapped. HE got along well with my dogs, it took one time out and he didn't try to boss VIctor anymore. THe little shnauzer was just a doll. THey both loved each other, you could tell that too. I think this is a person with ocd issues, especially the animal hording part. What i read said they think they ARE taking good care of their animals. THey have real feelings of love for them. THey are just delusional. So i am trying really hard not to hate this woman for what she does. THere are obviously cats in that house as well but you never see them outside. Just smell them from the sidewalk. I can't begin to imagine the fleas in there. THe two dogs probably hd as many on them as I killed by the time they made it through the door. HOw does SHE stand it?

Everyone let these two dogs down. THe breeders, the owner, and Me. I should have said..oops they ran away and given them to AC like I was planning to. THey ever get out again it won't be a repeat of that awful day.

ACooper

Smkie, you did NOT let them down. You cannot help it that you are an honest person..........I think you would have a BIG problem looking those owners in the eye and telling an outright lie, even a lie that might be for the best. I think I would have less respect for you if you HAD lied to them.

Next time, if they do get loose again, and if they are in that shape..........don't even hesitate, take them right to the AC. Even if it's your first instinct to clean them up, don't do it..........take them directly in.

That way when the owners show up at your door you don't have to lie, you can tell them this was the second go round, the dogs were poorly cared for, and you took them to AC ;)

Lolas Dad

Next time, if they do get loose again, and if they are in that shape..........don't even hesitate, take them right to the AC. Even if it's your first instinct to clean them up, don't do it..........take them directly in.

That way when the owners show up at your door you don't have to lie, you can tell them this was the second go round, the dogs were poorly cared for, and you took them to AC ;)
I would not take them into AC. If they are in AC's possession all AC might do is call the owner to come pick them up. Instead I would call the SPCA and report them for animal cruelty. The SPCA has the legal authority to investigate the case and charge the owners.

Recently in the town I live in their was a story in the news paper about how a neighbor of a woman who has a fenced in yard and three dogs whose next door neighbor put nails in her fence to injure her dogs. This was not the first time the neighbor had a problem with her neighbor that put the nails in the fence. Their was a time before he put a trail of moth balls by the fence and he was fined $1000.00 for animal cruelty.

Neighbor's Fence Snares Dog with Nail -- ZooToo Pet News

The above link is a repost from the Asbury Park Press story.

Lolas Dad

The AC IS the SPCA where she lives.
Here the AC is not the SPCA. No town around here has the SPCA as the AC. All the towns here have their own AC. They are two separate entities. AC here is affiliated with the board of health in the town I live in. All they do is license dogs, pick up road kill and if a dog is lost and has no tags turn it over to the SPCA. If it has tags they call the owner to pick it up. If someone is bitten by a dog the SPCA is the organization that does the investigation.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I don't know where you live, but it seems to be Outoftouchwiththerestofthecountryville, USA.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I did an online search, it is the same thing here. Comes right back to the raytown pound. THe humane society that Victor and I do our best to help takes the over flow from this facility. THey do not do animal cruelty investigations. I have talked with one investgator from AC when I found the animal sacrifice. SO in our town both are the same.

Lolas Dad

I don't know where you live, but it seems to be Outoftouchwiththerestofthecountryville, USA.
The town where I live is about 41 sqaure miles with a population of about 67,000. They have 2 animal control officers for the entire town. So why would you say that it is "Outoftouchwiththerestofthecountryville, USA". This is no rural area by any means. Perhaps we are more progressive than the rest of the country.:p

stafinois

Professional Nerd

Nah, that's where I live. We don't have AC, or a shelter. Police officers take stray animals to a large animal veterinarian. If they aren't claimed in three days, they are euthanized.

Members online

No members online now.