Nutro Ultra Puppy Food

ca_dao

My 9 mo old puppies are super picky when it comes to food. I've tried many different "grocery store's" types of food, but they liked none. Finally (thanks to this forum) I've known of better quality brands, and decided to try the Nutro Ultra one (actually many people suggested the Innova, so I wanted to try it, but my local Petsmart doesn't carry it). So my question is, how does Nutro compares to Innova? My pups seem to be ok with this new food for now (at least they sampled it!) Should I try it out for a while, or search other stores for the Innova? Thx!

Herschel

Have you looked for a higher quality food (i.e., Canidae, Innova, etc.) in your area?

http://www.canidae.com
Use the store locator and search by area code!

http://www.naturapet.com
Use the store locator
-------------------------------------------------------------

Prices (http://www.petfooddirect.com):
Canidae: 20lb bag -- $21.
Nutro Natural Choice Chicken Meal, Rice & Oatmeal: 20lb bag -- $24

You will feed less of a higher quality food and thus, end up spending even less.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you are forced to buy a Petsmart food, have you thought about Blue Buffalo?

Blue Buffalo Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Meal, Whole Ground Brown Rice, Whole Ground Barley, Rye , Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Rosemary), Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Ground Flax Seed, Alfalfa, Herring Oil, Sea Salt, Barley Grass, Sunflower Oil (preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Calcium Phosphate, Dried Kelp, Whole Garlic Cloves, Lecithin, Parsley, Glucosamine, Spirulina, Yucca Schidigera, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bacillus Subtilis, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum, Bifidobacterium Longum, Enterococcus Faecium, Zinc Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Zinc), Choline Chloride, Iron Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Iron), Turmeric, Vitamin E Supplement , Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Manganese), Natural Color, Beta Carotene, Copper Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Copper), Potassium Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated Potassium), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Calcium Pentothenate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Cobalt Proteinate (source of Chelated Cobalt), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite (source of Vitamin K activity), Sodium Selenite.

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
I had my puppy on Nutro Ultra for about three months. During that time, he developed a lot of scratching problems and he also went to the bathroom a lot. I then switched him to other Nutro products but had the same problem. Now he's on Royal Canin (sold at petsmart) and he is looking much better. He also seems to like the taste better. :)

Members online

No members online now.