Pit Bull/Stafy Breeders

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
My cousin just informed me she wants a pit. She would be a good home for a pit. She grew up around mastiffs and her family currently has Cane Corsos.

She just got a job as a Vet Tech and owns her own house, wich she bought last week. She can bring the dog with her to work. Her house right now doesnt have a fence but she has hired a company to put one in and it will be done in 7 - 14 days. It's a HUGE yard and a 7 foot tall solid wood fence with locking gates.

She's going to train in agility and Rally-O. She would like to do CKC obediance so she is considering a Staffy since APBT's aren't reconised by the CKC. She doesnt care were she gets the dog from, contry or state wise. She wants a healthy stable pup. She would be a great pit owner. What do you think of these kennels? Please feel free to add your own. I know she wants a black and white one, but would, of course consider other colors. I dont think she wants to show, but if she got a show dog Im fairly sure se would hire someone to show it to it's Ch

http://www.brookvillekennel.com/

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4769/index.html

http://www.boldhart.com/home.html

Mach1girl

I like the last link, the boldheart one.

But after searching, I cannot find any health info on the site. This is something you better email and ask for.

Temperment testing is important as well. But if not done, all the ribbons on those dogs account for something in this area!!!

They are beautiful dogs, and sound like good breeders, definatly someone Id check into further with!

Didnt like #2. #1 wouldnt work for me on my comp for some reason.

If you all are not satisifed, lemmie knw, I can hook you up with more links from other bully boards, I belong to many! I know many reputable breeders.

elegy

overdogged
would she consider a rescue? there are eleventy billion pit bulls in need of homes. i don't know if the CKC has a program similar to the AKC's ILP in which they allow unpapered dogs who fit the breed standard to compete in sports, but that's an excellent route to go. my little red pit bull is ILP'd as an AKC amstaff so we can do rally.

if she's dead set on a breeder, she needs to insist on health certs and responsible breeding (few litters, spay/neuter contracts, titles on the parents, etc). neither of the pit breeders you posted did much of anything for me. the first one had a picture of a 2 year old bitch with her 7 month old pup. that's *way* too young to be breeding- you can't certify hips until 2 years and hip dysplasia (and elbow dysplasia) is a significant problem in the breed.

also, is she aware that pit bulls and am staffs and staffy bulls are a completely different kettle of fish than a mastiff? BSL is a big problem- is she prepared to deal with that?

Saje

Island dweller
This first link didn't open and I don't like the other two. Is your friend in Alberta?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Yeah she's here in Calgary.

She's grown up with mastifs and Cane Corsos so I feal she can handle it. She's a Vet Tech and she has a few people come in with Pits. BSL in Ontario (only candian provence with it) is for most mastifs as well not just pits and staffies.

She is kinda interested in showing I think. She's startgin to get hooked by comming to classes with me. If she did show she would alter it after it's show career is done. She has no interest in breeding. Wich is why she's looking at a Staffy because you cant show pits with the CKC.

R

rottiegirl

I personally liked Boldhart. Didnt like the other two, because the bloodlines arent that great. Just my opinion...

Bowowee

Bulacan Pitbull Club
If your purpose is to keep the staffy or pit as a family pet then I suggest that you get one from a rescue center. Now, if your purpose is to join dog shows then I would suggest that you get yours from a reputable and ethical breeder. Try to visit the Kennel personally so that you could see how they care for their dogs.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Does any one have any websites for some breeders? Staffy's not pits.

She is going to do agility and show but not breed.

Bowowee - It's not for me it's for my cousin

elegy

overdogged
when you say staffy are you referring to an american staffordshire terrier or to a staffordshire bull terrier? both are recognized by the ckc.

elegy

overdogged
american staffordshire terrier is a "show bred" derrivation of the american pit bull terrier. the staffordshire bull terrier is a completely different breed altogether.

Members online

No members online now.