raw and kibble?

Is it bad to feed both?
Say only fed half the amount of kibble and made up for the rest with raw foods?

I was reading around and I saw a site that said not to. I was just wondering what your opinions were.
Would they still benefit from the raw foods in their diet, or would it be pointless?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I don't see anything wrong with it. I am going to be doing it soon. :)

I feed my boys a mix of Innova Evo or Orijen with raw meat (usually beef or chicken but I give other meats like venison, rabbit, lamb, etc too). So far it has worked wonderfully!!! My mushing mentor feeds a mix as well and all 20 of her dogs are in amazing condition with no health problems.

showpug

It's fine to feed them together as long as your dog tolerates it. I used to do it all the time with no issue.

Melissa_W

I read that it can cause problems when you feed it together in the same meal because kibble digests differently than raw food. But I see that people have done it without problems. If you do have a problem, just feed kibble and raw as separate meals.

I read that it can cause problems when you feed it together in the same meal because kibble digests differently than raw food. But I see that people have done it without problems. If you do have a problem, just feed kibble and raw as separate meals.
Thats what Ive been doing. They've been getting raw for lunch, and kibble for dinner. I read that it digests faster and slower so i figured if i speperate it into two meals it would be alright. :cool:

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
its safer to seperate it into 2 meals kibble takes much longer to digest than raw. but there no real issues having kibble and raw as long as the kibble if made to compliment raw OR the kibble is fed in one meal and the raw in another

I did it once and it gave Summer bloody diarrhea, the Vet said it was because she had a difficult time digesting both at the same time. That if I chose to do it do separate the foods by at least 8 hours.
That was a hassle, hence we only feed raw now. So much easier!
MBG

Members online

No members online now.