Acd?

I'm starting to wonder about Buster's lineage. He is listed as an ACD mix, but the black and white are not typical of ACDs, although some of the patterning is.

9mo old, and the sneakiest dog I have ever seen. He can steal food and disappear with it before you know he got the food. Decent drive, no working BC, and does not seem to have much of a herding instinct. Chase, yes, herding, not so much, though he can turn on a dime if he wants to.

Any ideas?

Pics on the petfinder profile in the sig and www.uvm.edu/~cricker/dog (the black one, not the cocker!)

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
He looks to have maybe ACD, kelpie, or even some schiperkee in him. How big is he? He looks small. It's really tough to say what shelter rescues have in them and is a big guessing game :) I adopted, well, what was supposed to be a shepard/lab cross about 20 years ago from the pound and as Baron got bigger it was apparent he had pitbull and Chow chow in him :confused: He was about 90 lbs with this massive head and jaws. You could actually see all 4 breeds in him! He was such a Gorgeous mutt! What ever you baby is he is very cute :D

35 lbs. They originally thought more shepherd... but he stopped growing. I'm waiting to see if he fills out like a ACD.. he is very fine boned right now. Well, for an ACD.

mrose_s

BusterLove
buster looks a lot like that. only lighter. i say my buster is an ACD/kelpie wiht a bit of dingo and BC. your buster looks a bit terrier to me as well

mrose_s

BusterLove
buster is pretty fine boned as well. he doesn't always look it because he has a pretty big thick mane around his neck. but once he's all wet. he's tiny, thats the kelpie coming through i reckon

I don't think his ears are big enough for being a kelpie ;)

THIS ONE is listed as a ACD on the site... still, I'm leaning towards mix on both of them.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I see some terrier in him, honestly. Not sure what kind, perhaps just a generic "terrier". Something about those eyes reminds me of one.

He could be mixed with ACD. That would explain the ears and ticking.

Members online