"Only working dogs are real dogs!"

Wait, you mean that doesn't make it right?
Its borderline Trolling to my eyes, look at how fast this thread grew>

Poor Blue. He just can't get to the point. LOL.
I call it as I see it, the difference is I do not feel the need to "cover my butt" because I do see people on the internet I do not know as people. I respond to their posts as if I was talking to them one on one, not as some impersonal being that I can act or respond in any way I want too. When I do insult or act inapropriatly I appollogise and take my licks, or at least try to.

I see no need to do anything online that I wouldnt do offline.

OC if you can treat people online with less respect than those you deal with offline Im glad I dont know you in real life. My feelings on that type of attitude goes with real life and any forum I belong to where it isnt expected.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I cant believe I'm going to say this, because its very rare ;) but that was a great post earlier Blue....*Thank You* :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
does that pillow come with?! would go just fine in my place im all about rich earty and jewel tones, golds and reds work perfect, but im broke, payment plans acceptable?!

but i think put a lil red bandanna and a cute cowboy hat and shed fit ANY ranch theme.
Pillow can come with. :)

Rose is a cowgirl now. :D

Cheza

Welllll we could train Cheza to hunt wild boars but there's really none around here (I don't think?)

Actually... I don't know how great she would be at hunting anything other than a piece of pepperoni that someone dropped on the carpet.

She's a spoiled, couch potato of a dog but she's still a real dog to me.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I call it as I see it, the difference is I do not feel the need to "cover my butt" because I do see people on the internet I do not know as people. I respond to their posts as if I was talking to them one on one, not as some impersonal being that I can act or respond in any way I want too. When I do insult or act inapropriatly I appollogise and take my licks, or at least try to.

I appreciate that, honestly. Sometimes I'm a lot less blunt than I want to be both in real life and online.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
I love all dogs. With purebreds, I do prefer to see breeders breeding dogs who are functional in their original purpose, unless it's something cruel (like dog fighting) or outdated (like labradors bred to bring fishermen's nets in) or unless their original purpose was companionship (in which case show breeders are fulfilling their original purpose, so hoorah!) It saddens me when herding breeds lose their instincts, especially border collies.

I don't think any less of dogs who don't serve their original "purpose" any more, but I do prefer breeders who breed for the original purpose, if that makes sense. ;)
100% agree with you. i LOVE to see a dog bred to be at least able to perform the duties the breed was originally developed to do.
ive owned a feild trained cocker, i think theres nothing more beutiful than a collie in the feild hearding sheep.

some breeds are simply bred for the job of companionship, why should that job be any less important?! :popcorn:

ACooper

Its borderline Trolling to my eyes, look at how fast this thread grew>

OC if you can treat people online with less respect than those you deal with offline Im glad I dont know you in real life. My feelings on that type of attitude goes with real life and any forum I belong to where it isnt expected.

Lordy Blue..........if I wasn't a happily married woman, I might be moving to alaska to talk you into a date!! And I TOTALLY hate the cold, so that is saying LOADS!! hehehehe

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
well lets face it...ALL breeds were bred for companionship, so if its not a trait your looking for a fish or cat might be a better choice..fish simply think people make good tv and cats simply think were here to serve them...

sorry, if your not looking for companionship, its just not a dog...

REAL DOGS ARE COMPANIONS FIRST

:D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
But what if I don't want one of those breeds? Is that okay?
I think so, but what do I know, I have two fake herders here.

I think it's great to see dogs used for their original purpose, but that's not what everyone has or needs. Trey did agility and herding long long ago, but he doesn't anymore. He's still happy. Like I said, as long as the dog is happy and mentally stimulated I see no problem. I do a lot of training- rally O and conformation with my guys. Maybe agility soon. (All sports to me) But none of them are true workers imo who work to live. They're all happy and well cared for, not bored at all. To each their own.

My dogs are mutts, they werent bred for a specific job. Yet with the breeding of one and the drive of the other I would put them against OCs dogs in a weight pull, I wouldnt even care if I lost.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
well lets face it...ALL breeds were bred for companionship, so if its not a trait your looking for a fish or cat might be a better choice..fish simply think people make good tv and cats simply think were here to serve them...

sorry, if your not looking for companionship, its just not a dog...

REAL DOGS ARE COMPANIONS FIRST

:D
Yes, even our field lab, Pete, was a companion first and foremost.

Boemy

I take exception to this. My cats are marvelous companions.
Same here. Everytime I sit down or lie down for a nap I get dogpiled (catpiled??) by three purring cats. :D They also stretch out for tummy rubs, do tricks for treats (but ONLY for treats--it's beneath their dignity to do them without getting something in return!), and go for walks on a leash.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Its borderline Trolling to my eyes, look at how fast this thread grew
And I know you know why, Blue. If people were half as offended as I was when I saw this remark, they were exercising extreme constraint for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.