Mollie had a hurt eye

So yesterday, we noticed that Mollie's right eye was getting bloodshot, droopy-looking, pus-filled and full of discharge. She was also blinking as if she was in pain and pawing at the eye. We waited a day, but today we took her into the vet. Her eye was much improved by then, however.

The vet used a pigment dye to see if there were any scratches on her eye and flushed it out with a neon green solution. He said that we shouldn't worry and that she doesn't have any scratches. She doesn't even need medication for it! :D

She looks very very comical because the solution flushes out of her nose (the vet confirmed that this was normal) so poor green-faced Mollie! She is so much more comfortable now, though.

If it gets any worse or doesn't improve, we'll take her in for medicine. But for now I'm just wanting to tell you all because I'm feeling very relieved. :rofl1:

Have a great day!
-LL95

wishbone

Poor little girl, good to hear she's totally fine. Hope her eye get well soon into full clear vision..

My old dog Gus used to bang into stuff, mostly my thumb and bushes, and do the same thing. We bought a big bottle of some eyewash stuff and any time I saw him blinking, we would wash his eye(s) out, and sometimes we would get a seed or a piece of bark, but most of the time, we saw nothing, but it almost always stop it instantly. When he was older, he had about 20 old scars on one eye, and about 15 on the other. Never seemed to bother him much.

Members online

No members online now.