Show brags & photodump

There was a LHW specialty show this weekend - obviously I had to scratch Cricket, as she is still recuperating from her surgery, but we brought Journey and Newton. Stella, one of the females we co-own, was there too, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of her.

Agility, rally, and conformation were held on Saturday - babydog was entered in the "puppy" agility class and amazingly he and my mother got a Q! Some pictures:

I think this was his first experience with a triple jump

No agility Qs for Journey - it was her first time running outside for the year and her brain wasn't quite there.

In conformation, Newton won his age group (12-18 months) and his sister Stella placed second in hers.

Gaiting in the winner's dog ring

My little sister won second place in Jr. handling with Journey, but nothing for her in conformation this weekend. Someday we'll find a judge that likes her as much as we do.

And my big brag for the weekend - Journey took Best In Field in straight racing!! Won 3 out of her 4 heats against some pretty stiff competition. I wasn't there to photograph racing, but here's the "win picture" I made my sister pose for.

More!

I was the official photographer for Saturday, so I'll post some of the ones I took of other dogs:

Roxy, Journey's sister

Gambler, Cricket's brother

A few more

My conformation pictures were taken in low light and are not very interesting, so I'll just post a few.

Little girl trying out junior handling, just adorable

Pretty boy

AND. One of our friends brought along her litter of eight-week-old puppies...I'll just leave these here

That's all!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Great photos ..love that little pup! Congratulations on all your success in the show :)

Stupid person question ..but if it was for long haired whippets, how come there are short haired ones? Is it a recessive gene so they are technically still long hairs?

Toller_08

Sounds like a good weekend! Great pictures! LH Whippets are just so, so pretty. As are the shorthaired ones, but I really love the look of the longhaired ones. Beautiful! And those puppies are adorable.

Thanks all, it was a fun weekend! I admit I spent a significant amount of time sitting in an ex pen cuddling puppies :)

Stupid person question ..but if it was for long haired whippets, how come there are short haired ones? Is it a recessive gene so they are technically still long hairs?
Not a stupid question! Longhaired whippets are outcrossed pretty frequently to regular whippets, for diversity reasons, and since the long hair is recessive offspring from this cross have a short or medium-length coat. Even though they aren't really longhaired whippets, they're still important in breeding programs so we have a class for them at specialties.

Before joining this forum, I had no idea there were long haired whippets. They are pretty neat! I love your dogs and those puppies!!!!!

SaraB

So, so gorgeous!!

Newton is looking too grown up, tell him to stop it.

Those puppies are so freaking adorable, how did you not steal one?!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I met my first long haired whippet at an agility trial a few weeks ago. Such a sweet, sensitive little dog. I was blown away at how small and especially narrow she was too! Really great dog.

I always wanted a sight hound growing up. Not sure if it'll ever happen but if it did, I think it'd be a lh whippet.

Members online

No members online now.