ADFs (African Dwarf Frogs)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
A friend of mine got some ADFs at a barnes and noble or books-a-million or something, and has had them for a while (my guess is about a year) but has felt bad for a while about the tiny cube they came in, and her parents wouldn't let her get them anything bigger, so she asked if I'd take them. I've had an empty 3.5 gallon up and running for a while now, so of course I said yes! (They could probably use a 5 gallon, which I'll upgrade them to sooner or later.)

Anyway, they seem to really like their new place! They're really cute, and fun to watch! Here are some pictures:

I *think* I'm going to name them Justin and Jerry, but since I had a fish named Justin AND I think they may be male/female, I may not go with that. But it's gonna be Justin and Jerry for now. :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I had an ADF that I paired up with one of my bettas - I loved him! He was a great little froggy. Congrats on the new additions!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
COOLIO! and the place that used to sell them is Brookstone.. they have since stopped since people kicked a fuss about the cube size and all.

I think you should name one Trevor! That's Neville's lost toad in HP lol they look like fun little pets.. it sucks I've never been good at the aquarium thing

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Sorry about your friend, JessLough! :(

Thanks all, they are doing great, and I love them! SOO cute! Fran, Trevor is perfect! I may name them Trevor and Jerry. I'll consult with my sister. :p

Maxy24

So, I just did some googling and OMG, I want one of these!
Yeah I love my little guys. Unfortunately mine are rejects and stayed super small, I thought the photos of other people's had misled me into thinking they got bigger than they did, but then I ordered another one, which happened to be my guys' mother, and my mouth (and those of my two roommates) literally fell open when we saw how big she was. I didn't think I'd be able to put her in the tank for fear she'd be able to eat my two. But unfortunately the trip did a number on her and she did not survive. I really wish I had big ones. I've considered getting another but I don't know if it would be safe for it to go in with my little ones.

They're adorable!

I've looked at getting ADFs in the past, but I don't want to commit to another caged pet - I already have a bird cage and a 2.5 gallon unfiltered tank to clean! They're super cool, though!

~Tucker&Me~

So cute! I have ACFs, the bigger version, they're cool little pets.
Yeah I love my little guys. Unfortunately mine are rejects and stayed super small, I thought the photos of other people's had misled me into thinking they got bigger than they did, but then I ordered another one, which happened to be my guys' mother, and my mouth (and those of my two roommates) literally fell open when we saw how big she was. I didn't think I'd be able to put her in the tank for fear she'd be able to eat my two. But unfortunately the trip did a number on her and she did not survive. I really wish I had big ones. I've considered getting another but I don't know if it would be safe for it to go in with my little ones.
I think you guys might be talking about African Clawed Frogs and not ADFs :) They are commonly mistaken as being the same thing when young and people buy them not realizing they get huge lol.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I think you guys might be talking about African Clawed Frogs and not ADFs :) They are commonly mistaken as being the same thing when young and people buy them not realizing they get huge lol.
Ummm... isn't that what she said she's talking about? ACFs? Or am I too stupid and I'm missing something? :rofl1:

~Tucker&Me~

Ummm... isn't that what she said she's talking about? ACFs? Or am I too stupid and I'm missing something? :rofl1:
Oh, maybe. I thought she said the larger sized African Dwarf frogs which was why I chimed in. I am too lazy to go back a page and look :p

Members online

No members online now.