Most un-doglike thing?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus is laying on the floor next to me with his legs crossed, which got me thinking: What is your dog's most un-doglike behavior?

Zeus crosses his legs when he lays down. Seriously, he'll cross one front leg over the other. The receptionist at the vet's office saw it and almost died laughing. She asked "Does he put his napkin in his lap, too?"

My golden retriever Tigger would not eat spaghetti without parmesean cheese. We used to put a little bit in her food bowl as a treat, and she would not touch it unless we put parmesean on it. She used to eat it just fine without the cheese, until one day my dad got the bright idea to sprinkle some on. From then on, no cheese, no spaghetti.

Bear used to wash his face like a cat :)

I've sworn these Fila are really just extra large cats in dog costumes, lol! They even wind around my legs like a cat would.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Lucas does the leg crossing thing. It's so cute :p

He will also try to put his head on my pillow at night lol :p

May loves baskets. She loves them. A few years ago I found her stuffed inside a little circle basket...she stuffed herself inside to take a nap.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
May pulls the blankets up over her with her teeth, that looks very human. Azlan always shakes hands when he meets someone, and I didn't teach him that! Also, if something weird or funny is going on May gives me a look like "what the hell is that?" before running off to investigate.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ripley climbs on top of things like cats do. Once, I left him unattended in the house for a little while and returned to find him sleeping on top of our 7ft tall entertainment station. :eek:

keyodie

Keyozilla
Gempress said:
Zeus is laying on the floor next to me with his legs crossed, which got me thinking: What is your dog's most un-doglike behavior?

Zeus crosses his legs when he lays down. Seriously, he'll cross one front leg over the other. The receptionist at the vet's office saw it and almost died laughing. She asked "Does he put his napkin in his lap, too?"
lol Charlie does that too.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Rocky won't drink dirty water... lol

At the socialization class there was a thing of dirty water that a lot of the dogs jumped and splashed and drank from.

Rock sat by, THIRSTY, and you could practically hear him say, "Ew, that water's dirty. Hope y'all don't expect ME to come in." :D

Dreeza

haha oakley refuses to drink dirty water as well...we were at a dog park, and the stupid owner i was, didnt think to bring my own water, since it said they had water bowls. The water looked used, but it wasnt nasty or anything...and i could tell oakley was so thirsty, but he refused to drink...we stopped at a burger king, and he drank the whole cup...right of the cup :p

oakley also sometimes crosses his legs as well...not all that often though...and he washes his face like a cat, chases things like a cat, if it were possible, i would not be surprised if he had 'cat' in him, lol..he always tries to make friends with this one cat that is always walkin around on this one block...but the cat doesnt like him to much...it doesnt understand that he is just trying to sniff!!

oh, he also will not eat food that is just too complicated to eat...as in his bday cake...he kinda gave up on it (went to his milk) until we cut it up in little pieces for him...he does that with doggie cookies we have for him too, and with those cubes that are supposed to be mentally stimulating...he doesnt like to make any effort sometimes

bubbatd

Since EliN isn't here, I'll post that Hunter crosses his paws like that. Chip flips his out like a seal. Both groom like a cat... Chip will shake like he's wet if he needs water. Sign language !

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
Well I've only had Dallas for not even 2 full days yet! But he sleeps so weird. On his back, legs crossed w/ his head laying on his paws, the back half of his body onhis tummy and the other half to the side! Its so cute..I'm gonna post YET MORE pics of him sleeping!

gapeach

Big Mutts
If you are sitting on the couch and have your feet on the coffee table Carey will push her way up under them and rub her back then do it over and over again, she looks exactly like a huge cat.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Sunny walks Daisy on her leash. It is by far the FUNNIEST thing to watch, as Daisy has a mind of her own and wants to go the way Sunny is not(I am convinced that is her determining factor to which way she turns). :D

Becca_

chowchow
Gracie is the same way, Sunnypup. As soon as I put a leash on Princess, Gracie grabs it and away she runs, heads right for the door with her. It's funny to watch. Another thing she does is watch us cook. Actually she watches my husband cook. I'm a plain cook, he on the other hand cooks really good making food flavorful. We have an open floorplan so she'll sit in the front room and watch his every move, if she cant see she'll go to the bar, stand with her front paws on it, watching him. I think if she was human she'd be cooking all the time.
Princess likes to lay on the bed with her head on a pillow.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will come in when i have left Mary at home alone to find her sitting straight up on either my art chair or my puter chair. There is no food up there or anything else of dog interest. She is just sitting up and i don't know why. you also will be working away and look up to find her sitting up on the chair like a human..eye level with you and quite pleased with herself.
Victor wants to drive the car and we have had arguements about his putting his feet on the wheel..
He collects his toys like the king counting gold in the counting house
he acts just like a little boy not a dog..most of the time.
He must be covered up completely when he sleeps if not he can't sleep
mary dances (rocking foot to foot) to music if it is peppy.

Members online

No members online now.