Shampoo

gapeach

Big Mutts
I wash Carey in some shampoo I bought from the groomer. It's protein, aloe and lanolin shampoo. I originally bought it just for my older dog Smokey, he passed away in February, b/c he had a really bad odor and this stuff kept it away the longest. But now that he's gone, I've still been using it on Carey (we have a huge jug)

Purr

~3 Mutts~
I completely forgot to look at the Doggie Shampoos at PetsMart yesterday, so, I'm still using Johnson and Johnson's. It works fairly well, but believe it or not, my dogs actually turn out softer with Palmolive. Weird, I know...

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Horse shampoo works really well too!! It's gentle and it makes the coat really really soft!! :D

bogolove

Like the Mane and Tail? Brady has a fairly dense coat with medium to longer hair. But his hair dries SO quickly. Water, nor dirt, really stay in his coat, it is amazing how the dirt just falls out. One night he can look so dirty (usually after playing with Jenny) and I will tell hubby that we need to give him a bath the next day, and by the next day the dirt has fallen out and he looks clean as can be.

But right after a bath, his hair on top is already almost dry.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Bogo, my pup Bear is like that too! I can't understand how he can be dry ten minutes after I douse him in the tub LOL.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
bogolove said:
Like the Mane and Tail?
Yeah!! I love the smell of horse shampoo!! It's a real summery smell, cos I only bath my neddies in the summer!!

Saje

Island dweller
I love horse shampoo too but then it became a trend that people outside horse circles caught onto and now they have rip-offs in regular stores. It's not the same. Same as using hooflex on nails. The real stuff doesn't even smell like that.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Saje said:
I love horse shampoo too but then it became a trend that people outside horse circles caught onto and now they have rip-offs in regular stores. It's not the same. Same as using hooflex on nails. The real stuff doesn't even smell like that.
I know! There's nothing like the smell of horse shampoo! I reminds me of competitions, showjumping and sleeping over night in the horsebox!!
Aaaah! Think i'm going to have to go buy some now!! Getting hung up on Nostalgia! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Max is just like Brady. One minute you look at his beautiful white hair that is now full of dirt and the next minute, it's white again. He is so easy to take care of in terms of the dirt coming right out.

pannie

shampoo....works !!

hihi,

I bought a shampoo last month. And I think this shampoo can help my

dog.

The shampoo said that , it can kills fleas and kills ticks . It is a 2 in 1

shampoo. I bath for my dog , and this shampoo showed its use. It work , my

dog used this and feel comfortable . I 'm very happy about that!!

Members online