The Good News thread

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
lol at the puggle humping another dog in the background
:rofl1: darn dogs always ruining the shots.
Also, I'm pretty sure I had a dream about that snake last night :confused:

Side note:
The house is SO NICE with my mom and the little dogs gone for the week. Quiet, low stress. And I'm not constantly being punched by the cat/dog Ruby.
Can't wait for summer to get back into my own place.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I HAS THE INTERNETZ.

So nice to be typing from an actual keyboard and not on my phone. Granted, I'm still waiting for a wireless adapter for my desktop so I'm currently using Michael's ancient laptop...but it's still better to browse with an actual computer!

And now I can upload photos! Hooray!

Saeleofu

90% sure I'll be applying to be a CGC evaluator soon, and then teaching puppy classes for a friend shortly after that. Assuming I'm still where I am now. But even if I get a job and move out of town it could be something fun on the side.

:popcorn:

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Same here. Then it's going to get 40's back down to the 20's
Tomorrow's supposed to be like 48, so I'm taking Roxie for a long walk and a trip to the manor (nursing home) to visit some of the residents. I am HOPING that she can control her tongue after a long walk, lol.

Anyways, had a pretty good day. Took the dog for a walk before work, got my ZenDog Compression Shirt in the mail from doggyloot, thank the gods, so I got to try that on Roxie today, and left it on her while I was at work. I think she did pretty good. I mean, I'm not sure exactly how effective the shirt is, but when I got home she was a bit more laid back than she normally is with her greetings, so I guess it had some effect.

I made a trolley set-up in the basement for Roxie, since she kept on breaking out of the mudroom, and she did really well... only one Kong was slightly out of reach, her bone and bed were all still where I left them. I know she was barking a lot after I left, but no one is really able to hear her when she's in the basement, unless they're right at the front door and even then it's quite muffled. I really hope she wasn't barking the entire time, though. Both Kongs were empty and there was a lot of bone dust, so I don't think she was.

Also... Showing the house twice on Sat!! I have to work right after one showing, so I really hope they don't stay for too long, but we are showing the house a lot more now! Plus we're having an open on Sunday. I'm gonna be so tired.

Kootenay

Ahhh, I just ordered a new lens! So incredibly exciting and I can't wait til it gets here, but also terrifying...I can't believe I just spent that much money on a lens...!

xpaeanx

I found a journal I had written when I was dating someone I'm more than happy to forget. I just read said journal.... OMG my life suddenly is 900 bajillon times better!

I really needed that. I'm a year away from my boards and things are getting really tight around here. I'm feeling the stress from every which direction. But this reminder of what I put behind me and where I'vr made it to in life... such an amazing moral boost!

xpaeanx

Ahhh, I just ordered a new lens! So incredibly exciting and I can't wait til it gets here, but also terrifying...I can't believe I just spent that much money on a lens...!
Which one did you get??? The 50mm you have is my next want. :) I can't wait to see your pics with the new one!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Slowly but surely getting monies figured out. Much more confident that once this month is behind us we'll have a more balanced budget. Screw deposits and moving expenses.

Just please please please please please don't let bills be higher than expected or it will be Ramen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

xpaeanx

I'm getting an 80-200mm 2.8...pretty excited! I love my 50mm too, you'll have a lot of fun with that lens.
Soooooo jealous! I have been oogling that model lens forever! Of course the price tag of the 2.8 is so far out of my budget I can't even afford to look at a picture of them online. HaHa!

DJEtzel

Ahh, I think you'll really love that! I looove my 70-200.
Ditto! :D

I'm buying a cheap 35mm with my tax return this month, and I get to second shoot at a wedding or two for my friend this summer, which I am excited about. He's even renting me a second body so that I have two cameras to use... the second body will be Canon and I shoot Nikon, so this should be interesting. :rofl1:

Kootenay

Ahh, I think you'll really love that! I looove my 70-200.
I know, I'm pretty pumped. I've used a 70-200 of a friends and ever since then I've just been dying for one. The 80-200 is just the slightly older model, but waaaay less expensive, and I've heard good things about it. Just couldn't afford the 70-200, so this will have to do. I was either going to go for a Sigma 70-200 or the Nikon 80-200 and everything I read said the 80-200 was a way better buy (similar prices).

Kootenay

Ditto! :D

I'm buying a cheap 35mm with my tax return this month, and I get to second shoot at a wedding or two for my friend this summer, which I am excited about. He's even renting me a second body so that I have two cameras to use... the second body will be Canon and I shoot Nikon, so this should be interesting. :rofl1:
Nice! That should be fun! I'm so excited to second shoot for my friend this summer :D That's basically how I'm justifying buying a new lens right now, because I'll actually be making some money with the camera. Something like that, anyway...

Next on the list is definitely a wide angle of some sort, but that will have to wait a while.

DJEtzel

Nice! That should be fun! I'm so excited to second shoot for my friend this summer :D That's basically how I'm justifying buying a new lens right now, because I'll actually be making some money with the camera. Something like that, anyway...

Next on the list is definitely a wide angle of some sort, but that will have to wait a while.
I can't wait to see what kind of shots you get. I used to date this guy and I'm doing it because we're still friends and I enjoy it.. Idk if he'll be paying me, but it'd be nice! XD

It's been a while since I looked at specs/prices for more expensive lenses (mostly because I get lost in it sometimes and know I can't afford any...) what was the price difference for the 80-200 vs 70-200? I need to double check my specs. I got my 70-200 as a gift but I didn't think it cost much (for a lens).

I have no idea what lens will be next on my list, honestly. I think I'll be pretty content with these for a while. Until I talk to Grace again, anyway. ;)

Kootenay

I can't wait to see what kind of shots you get. I used to date this guy and I'm doing it because we're still friends and I enjoy it.. Idk if he'll be paying me, but it'd be nice! XD

It's been a while since I looked at specs/prices for more expensive lenses (mostly because I get lost in it sometimes and know I can't afford any...) what was the price difference for the 80-200 vs 70-200? I need to double check my specs. I got my 70-200 as a gift but I didn't think it cost much (for a lens).

I have no idea what lens will be next on my list, honestly. I think I'll be pretty content with these for a while. Until I talk to Grace again, anyway. ;)
It looks like the new 70-200 2.8s are about $2000 or more? New, the 80-200s are closer to $1000, but I just got this one used off ebay for like $550.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
It looks like the new 70-200 2.8s are about $2000 or more? New, the 80-200s are closer to $1000, but I just got this one used off ebay for like $550.
Nice! I was going to say I know a 70-200 2.8 used that's in great condition and for sale but you'd never get it for that price!

I never have any luck looking for used lenses that I want so I am really jealous that you had a nice score :)

Kootenay

Nice! I was going to say I know a 70-200 2.8 used that's in great condition and for sale but you'd never get it for that price!

I never have any luck looking for used lenses that I want so I am really jealous that you had a nice score :)
Yeah I am pretty pumped! I have had good luck buying things off ebay, either used or refurbished, but I usually do the buy it now thing. This one I actually bid on and it was so intense at the end there! I was stoked to get it for that price though, because it's in mint condition. Hopefully it gets here alright (and SOON!).

Members online

No members online now.