Would you die for your dog?

thinking of it now. I have fought for Solo. I havnt talked about it any where i dont think.

But may 8th.(the day before I left for a almost 3 week europe vacation) I had both dogs in the woods. for a morning walk. out of no where 2 huge rotties came out and both stood over solo, both very stiff/bad body language. solo growled. and fight was on. solo is 40lbs against 2 90+lbs dogs. I couldnt, nore would i see him die like that. I fought with those 2 dogs, resulting in 2 bites (lucky not bad at all.) one would have been very bad if i was not wearing a thick jacket that morning. as the dog grabbed my arm and shook. I wore that dogs brusied teeth marks on my arm for almost a month. the only thing that saved solo was me climbing on top of him and olding him under me. as they tried to grab him and kept grabbing me. as the owner finally got them under control. Im SO glad they didnt decide to go for Blaze aswell. since one would be dead for sure.

so yes when adreniline is pumping I will fight for them and risk myself serious inujry

Solo now goes nuts every time we see a dog who is a rottie or looks like one.

Absolutely. I do not have nor plan on having children, at the moment have no significant other and don't really care for my family. I'd die for my best friends and put my life on the line for them, my significant other, and dog - in equal order.

Red.Apricot

so yes when adreniline is pumping I will fight for them and risk myself serious inujry

Solo now goes nuts every time we see a dog who is a rottie or looks like one.
Goodness, that sounds really scary! I'm glad it wasn't worse than it was.

You're completely right, too--last week I was walking Zoey with my sister and several small white dogs got out of our neighbor's yard, and I dislocated the tip of my finger keeping Zoey up off them (she was trying to grab them--it wouldn't have ended well). I didn't realize I'd hurt my self until we were home. Adrenaline does crazy things.

I have had to dash for cellar in severe weather where alarms are blaring and house is shaking and the only thing I think of grabbing is my dogs, but would I run INTO a burning house and exchange my life....no. I'd do whatever I could, but within reason.

Last edited:

Lyzelle

I will risk my life for Zander, but I refuse to die without him. Therefore, by default, I will not die for him.

Yes, but we have a plan, Jon gets Winnie, I get the dogs, if it were just me, the dogs would follow anyway. I don't get to go anywhere without them. If I came home to it, and I could hear even one of them, yes, I would. Winnie has more than one parent and Jon is the better parent of the two of us anyway, so I would absolutely go in..

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Intentionally? No, I don't think so. But like others have said I would very likely do something stupid and dangerous in the heat of the moment to save my dogs without even thinking about it.

Members online

No members online now.