Light or dark??

Sheba

I W A L R
That's BS. My dog is one of the darkest colors you can get, blakc. She's as gentle as...well... a lamb!Well, not a lamb considering lambs and sheeps can get aggressive at times... As gentle as a blanket then!

Becca_

chowchow
Princess has to have Lab in her. Fran is right, getting a picture of a black dog is hard.....even playing in the snow! Princess is full of engery, loves EVERYONE. She's just hyper. Gracie is light colored, very laid back. Never gets in a hurry for anything except walks. Kokomo, light colored is hyper, plays rougher than my dogs. Still he is very friendly and loves everyone. Thats just nutty for him to say that. We had a black cockerspaniel when I was growing up, sweet and wonderful dog. The color has nothing to do with it.

That statement is about as intelligent and valid as saying someone with dark skin is going to be violent than someone with light skin :rolleyes:

Do you ever just wish you could show people how ridiculous they sound when they make statements like that?

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
100% NOT TRUE!!! People think like this because Rotties, and Dobies are darker! IMO. I think that people should have to take a test or something before they can own a rottie or dobie (dogs that need special care) to prove they are trustworthy and so that no propaganda like this gets into people's heads.

PFC1

SummerRiot said:
What if your dog is both dark and light.. does it have a bipolar personality>?

Hmm, I guess such a dog must be bipolar. What about this dog? It must be mostly mean, because its mostly jet black. I think it would be best if you and your kids ran for your lives, huh?

Dixie

The ***** idiot
Thats got to be the biggest croc of poo Ive ever heard. I own a black labrador and look at him--

He is just ready to bit some poor two year old kid, haha!

Also on the Labs I can give you some info-

In the history of the Super Retriever Series there has never been a series won by a chocolate, BUT Bill Autrey's dog Reaux (pronounced Roo) who is a very DARK chocolate showed a very promising career in the hunt test games, he lasted up to the 3rd series (there were 5 series in all), in the Crown Championship Series. No other Choc has competed to that level. He is expected to return again this year with great improvements and will likely surprise the crowd once more with a good chance to win. He has accomplished the following in his short lifetime already:
Has acheived his GRHRCH UH (Grand Hunting Retriever Champion and Upland Hunter) SRS El Campo Texas Bronze Medalist Winner of 2002 Duck Dog Championship. Not many Chocs have accomplished this level of training or performance. And many of the SRS Champions have been blacks.

As for yellow retrievers, theres only ONE yellow retriever that I can say I honestly like - and thats GRHRCH Smokin A Crops A Yella - I have seen that dog perform and I enjoyed every minute of it. I even have links to videos of this "Yella" girl working.

And as for dark dogs being meaner? Thats a load of BS for sure!

-Dixie

Members online

No members online now.