Diamond's SC plant suspending all shipments

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
FYI.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-news/diamond-pet-foods-suspends-shipments/

This is affecting my store directly - we've gotten no SKUs for TOTW or Natural Balance this week and will have to suggest alternatives to our customers.

Depending on where you are, Acana GF is a good temporary replacement for TOTW, there are a few other similar formulas as well.

ugh. Working this weekend will be fuuuun.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
TOTW is manufactured at and shipped from all three Diamond plants, so the other two plants should still be shipping TOTW... strange.

I don't know about the other brands they manufacture at that plant though.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
We just got a shipment of TOTW and NB yesterday, perhaps it was older stock though.

Not many feed either where i work though so it's not been a huge issue, but our daily memos has talked about what's going on.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
We just got a shipment of TOTW and NB yesterday, perhaps it was older stock though.

Not many feed either where i work though so it's not been a huge issue, but our daily memos has talked about what's going on.
You might get it from one of the other facilities, though. There's one in California which is likely closer to you.

Not many feed Natural Balance on our store, but we have a number of folks on TOTW.

crazedACD

No ToTW, Chicken Soup, or Premium Edge for my store...I didn't see any Canidae come in either but not sure if it was on the order. The few people that asked about it were all very concerned and actually decided to switch foods. Not good for Diamond.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
You might get it from one of the other facilities, though. There's one in California which is likely closer to you.

Not many feed Natural Balance on our store, but we have a number of folks on TOTW.
Ours comes through PetValu itself I believe, from the food company to their warehouse which I believe is in Ontario and then to us.

TOTW here is more expensive than Acana so no one feeds it here.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
No ToTW, Chicken Soup, or Premium Edge for my store...I didn't see any Canidae come in either but not sure if it was on the order. The few people that asked about it were all very concerned and actually decided to switch foods. Not good for Diamond.
Truth. We're working on switching folks over regardless, informing them of what's happened. Diamond's had way too many iffy things happen, and they're being very quiet about this whole fiasco.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
We're switching Knox to Cali Naturals Herring and Sweet Potatoes. He'd been iffy on these last two bags of TOTW and we throw the.bag away after dumping it into the bin, so no clue on lot number.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I don't trust anything that comes out of their factories anymore. Not a risk that I am willing to take when there are so many more reputable companies out there making awesome pet foods.

crazedACD

We're switching Knox to Cali Naturals Herring and Sweet Potatoes. He'd been iffy on these last two bags of TOTW and we throw the.bag away after dumping it into the bin, so no clue on lot number.
Just a FYI, California Naturals is made by Natura which was bought by Proctor & Gamble last year which makes Eukanuba. Eukanuba has had a number of recalls through the years and I know I am not comfortable with P&G calling the shots over at Natura. Obviously you can make your own determination but I'm not sure a lot of people know about that tidbit.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Just a FYI, California Naturals is made by Natura which was bought by Proctor & Gamble last year which makes Eukanuba. Eukanuba has had a number of recalls through the years and I know I am not comfortable with P&G calling the shots over at Natura. Obviously you can make your own determination but I'm not sure a lot of people know about that tidbit.
Yep... we switched off Cali Naturals onto TOTW after P&G bought Natura Pet... I don't believe they have had any issues yet, but I decided to switch before they "optimized" their formulas and I HAD to switch. YMMV.

I don't keep bags (never have with any food I feed) but I DO take scissors and cut out the lot number and keep it in case there should ever be a problem. It's a really small part of the bag that has the lot number printed on it, so it's easier to just cut it out! I tape a little sticky note on it with the date I opened the bag so I know which is the most recent. I had problems before where I forget to throw the old piece of bag away and end up with two or three little pieces of bag in the cabinet with the food and have no idea which is the most recent. =P

ltret, the only food actually affected by potential salmonella tainting is Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice. Natural Balance isn't affected so your bags should be fine. You can call them at the number on this page if you need reassurance though:
http://www.diamondpet.com/information/

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Nat Bal did have an issue with mold in some of their cat foods, most likely due to being put into bags wet. Just FYI.

Members online

No members online now.