Daisy Hurt Her Toe

DanL

We were so worried, she came from around the side of the house limping- after literally 30 seconds out of sight. She would stand holding her paw in the air, and limp when she walked on it. So after much poking and prodding, fearing a shoulder or elbow injury, we found that her inside toe on her left paw was real tender. It was also slightly bent out, not much, just not in a tight group with the others. Our guess is she jumped up on the fence and got it caught in the chain link. We don't think Gunnar rammed her or knocked her down- she bounces right back from those incidents, lol. Anyway, I don't think it's broken, probably sprained. She was putting weight on it this morning when I took her out, but she's still limping a little. We'll monitor it for a few days and if it doesn't improve we'll vet her.

Needless to say, she got lots more babying last night. More than the usual over the top amount! :)

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
AWW, I hope she'll be okay :( I don't think there is much they can do for a toe just like our toes :) But I definately would keep her as quiet and un-active as possible for a few days ;) And I think a trip to the vet wouldn't hurt :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
My Kona was doing the same thing. It took us a long time to try to figure out what was wrong. We finally noticed that one of her toe nails had split and was hurting her when he stepped down on her foot. It was bleeding, so it was hard to find this out.

Gentle hugs to Daisy.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ronin broke his toe last summer... there was nothing we could do about it, since there's no way to splint a rambunctious Doberman's toe! It healed on its own with no change in appearance.

He aparently broke a toe when he was a puppy, and THAT did change the appearance of his rear foot. It never healed right, so he's got one toe that sticks straight out from his foot. Makes one of his nice little cat feet look a bit funky!

Doberluv

A-w-w-w...poor Daisy. Stuff happens. Lyric has had a couple of incidences where he must have pulled a muscle badly enough where he was limping for a few days. Once, on our way to take the CGC test, jumping out of the car or something.....he was so sore, he couldn't sit so he couldn't take the test. We had to wait for the next one. Anyhow....they pull things out of whack just like we do sometimes.

Hope she'll be OK and that it doesn't turn out to be anything too serious.

Members online

No members online now.