Camp out! And a few horse pictures

Kootenay

My boyfriend and I camped out just down the road the other night, and took all the dogs along. It was very lovely, surrounded by mountains, nice warm lake to swim in, fishing, and we slept on the roof of the car to keep away from all the sand!

The dogs had a blast of course!

On the drive out there we saw a nice big black bear...(not a good photo but I snapped it out the car window)

And then a little further down the road, we saw two coyote pups! They were the cutest things EVER, but I didn't manage to get a photo unfortunately...I was kicking myself for missing the opportunity. We heard the whole family singing in the night.

And on to the photos...

Setting up "camp"

Sooo scrawny in his summer coat!

A bit of sunset heeling

Working on pushing up to "stand tall" from beg.

More...

Kootenay

Hunting!

Also, a few of my handsome boy Emir and myself from a few days ago. (I have to say it's hard to juggle a horse and a camera on a tripod on a self timer...I need a remote!)

All done!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Beautiful Beautiful beautiful!
And holy scrawny guy :rofl1: he should take it as a compliment he's usually so majestic it's hard to see him all...naked LOL

I love your horse and Jasper is glorious and I love that the only girl in the group is such a sass master lol

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I can't work out what's more beautiful - the dogs, the horse, the scenery or you!!!!

Not jealous at all, honestly :yikes:

Xandra

The photogenicness of everyone and everything is kind of overwhelming :lol-sign:

Gorgeous pics!

Kootenay

Beautiful Beautiful beautiful!
And holy scrawny guy :rofl1: he should take it as a compliment he's usually so majestic it's hard to see him all...naked LOL

I love your horse and Jasper is glorious and I love that the only girl in the group is such a sass master lol
I know, poor guy looks pretty silly in the summer, but it is really a good thing he sheds out that much otherwise he would just completely melt...he doesn't do well in the heat as it is, but if he had his crazy thick undercoat he'd probably never leave the house! We are having a pretty crazy heat wave right now, all the dogs are definitely lower energy.

And ohhhh yes Onyx has sassy down to an art, she likes to think she runs this show.

Just lovely. One day I need to come visit. So beautiful there.
Do it!

I can't work out what's more beautiful - the dogs, the horse, the scenery or you!!!!

Not jealous at all, honestly
Aww, thanks so much! Pretty lucky to be surrounded by so much beauty :)

The photogenicness of everyone and everything is kind of overwhelming

Gorgeous pics!
Thank you :) :)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
No. You are not allowed to post any more pictures and make us jealous anymore. :cool:

For real, though. I love your threads. Everybody is stunning, as usual. Even scrawny Yarrow.

Equinox

Beautiful photos!! Yarrow looks like a completely different dog, but he's still a handsome guy. And always love seeing you work with Onyx, who's just the prettiest girl ever. Love, love, love her. Also, was showing my mother some photos of Yarrow and she straight up told me that she'd pay me to go out and get an ANCD asap :rofl1:

The photos of you and Amir are stunning, too. Was admiring them on FB/Flickr when you posted them!! Love the feel to them, and he's a gorgeous boy.

Locke

The scenery, the animals...so incredible! You capture the moment so well.

One day I WILL live in BC. It's a must.

Kootenay

Your photos truly are amazing. I love them all!
Thank you so much!

No. You are not allowed to post any more pictures and make us jealous anymore.

For real, though. I love your threads. Everybody is stunning, as usual. Even scrawny Yarrow.
Hehe, sorry! Thanks :) Yarrow is still handsome, just a bit weird looking lol.

Beautiful photos!! Yarrow looks like a completely different dog, but he's still a handsome guy. And always love seeing you work with Onyx, who's just the prettiest girl ever. Love, love, love her. Also, was showing my mother some photos of Yarrow and she straight up told me that she'd pay me to go out and get an ANCD asap

The photos of you and Amir are stunning, too. Was admiring them on FB/Flickr when you posted them!! Love the feel to them, and he's a gorgeous boy.
It is pretty funny, he totally looks like a different dog, for sure. He actually looks quite a bit like wolves do in the summer, they have a massive coat difference (even more so than Yarrow). I think lots of people don't even know how scrawny looking wolves are in the summer since most photos used of them are in their glorious winter coats!

(photo from google, Owen Slater photography)

The scenery, the animals...so incredible! You capture the moment so well.

One day I WILL live in BC. It's a must.
Thanks! Do it! BC is pretty awesome.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Aaand you've successfully added another "must see" location on my list :p

Stunning pictures!
I was going to say Yarrow looks a little summer-wolf-ish :D

Kootenay

Aaand you've successfully added another "must see" location on my list :p

Stunning pictures!
I was going to say Yarrow looks a little summer-wolf-ish :D
:) Definitely a worthwhile place to visit!

Thanks!

I love your photographs so much. Everything.... I want to live where you live, it's just so freaking gorgeous!
Thank you so much!!

Members online

No members online now.