The Venting Thread

Grab

I'm freezing. I really just want to set myself on fire just to be toasty. You would think someone who spent the majority of their life in the midwest would be used to the cold, but apparently years in Arizona has reset my internal thermometer.

God help me if we ever move anywhere with real seasons

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So I don't have dental insurance at work... I have accidental dental, but it doesn't cover cleanings or fillings and stuff. I have a history of having pretty weak teeth... haven't had fillings in years, but several years ago I had a cavity, had the tooth fracture, needed a root canal, crown, blah blah blah. It was INSANELY expensive and put me over my max coverage for the year so we had to pay quite a bit out of pocket too...
So basically I don't really want to be without dental insurance.

But holy moly, dental insurance on it's own is EXPENSIVE. And the waiting periods are ridiculous. My tooth fractured because my dentist already is booked so far out that I couldn't get the filling taken care of for months after my exam found it (literally the tooth fractured four days before I was going to go in and have the filling done...) so I'm terrified by these waiting periods. I have no clue what to do. Insurance is always gambling that you're going to need it... urgh.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
So I don't have dental insurance at work... I have accidental dental, but it doesn't cover cleanings or fillings and stuff. I have a history of having pretty weak teeth... haven't had fillings in years, but several years ago I had a cavity, had the tooth fracture, needed a root canal, crown, blah blah blah. It was INSANELY expensive and put me over my max coverage for the year so we had to pay quite a bit out of pocket too...
So basically I don't really want to be without dental insurance.

But holy moly, dental insurance on it's own is EXPENSIVE. And the waiting periods are ridiculous. My tooth fractured because my dentist already is booked so far out that I couldn't get the filling taken care of for months after my exam found it (literally the tooth fractured four days before I was going to go in and have the filling done...) so I'm terrified by these waiting periods. I have no clue what to do. Insurance is always gambling that you're going to need it... urgh.
Look at MetLife. That's who I have. Im under my step dad's insurance but from my understanding they are great and will work with you.

I have to get a bunch of work done on my teeth within the next month and instead of paying almost $1900, im only paying $122 out of pocket. If you find a dentist in network with the insurance company then you will pay next to nothing. MetLife will pay 80%. Which is awesome!

Airn

The weather has been crazy this week. 70 yesterday and then it stormed and stormed all day long. We even lost power for a few hours. Today it's SNOWING. Not any 'good' snow, but still....snow. And tomorrow it's supposed to go back up to the 50's. :confused:

This weather is messing with my sinuses.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Texted my friend and told her everything, how I'm feeling, how she's been one of my best friends for ever and I don't want to lose her and I hope we can work things out, and the text has been marked as read for almost an hour and she hasn't said anything. She's at school so hopefully she's just waiting for class to end and then she'll reply but I'm feeling really antsy and upset about it.:/ I just hope we can work this out.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I'm getting old, it just really depressed me sitting in traffic and watching a young high school kid lighting up a smoke. Kid, really? Sad.
I would got out of my car, grabbed their cig, threw it on the ground, stepped on it, and then I would of said "your welcome".
I wish someone would of done that to me. Though I was legal smoking age when I started but still.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Texted my friend and told her everything, how I'm feeling, how she's been one of my best friends for ever and I don't want to lose her and I hope we can work things out, and the text has been marked as read for almost an hour and she hasn't said anything. She's at school so hopefully she's just waiting for class to end and then she'll reply but I'm feeling really antsy and upset about it.:/ I just hope we can work this out.
Breath. Calm down. It'll be ok :)
And watch Anastasia (sp?)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Look at MetLife. That's who I have. Im under my step dad's insurance but from my understanding they are great and will work with you.

I have to get a bunch of work done on my teeth within the next month and instead of paying almost $1900, im only paying $122 out of pocket. If you find a dentist in network with the insurance company then you will pay next to nothing. MetLife will pay 80%. Which is awesome!
It's actually the monthly premiums that I'm talking about - and buying individual insurance rather than having it be a group insurance kinda sucks. Your premiums are higher and your coverage isn't as good. Plus the wait periods, like I mentioned - 6 months for a filling. 12 months for a root canal. My mom had an infected tooth that was so painful she couldn't eat until after she had the root canal done (and then several days after the root canal once that had healed up.) I can't imagine having a 12 month waiting period for that...

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Breath. Calm down. It'll be ok :)
And watch Anastasia (sp?)
Hahaha thanks dak :)

And I know it'll be okay, I know this won't kill me, but it breaks my heart. And I wish I could get rid of this feeling in my stomach. Since yesterday I've had the WORST stomachache from being upset over this. A broken heart actually does physically hurt. And I want so bad to get rid of it. That's why I couldn't just let it go and I had to text her about it. It's eating me up inside. You know that feeling you get in your stomach when you slip or almost fall? My stomach feels like that all the time, never ending. I can't stand it. I feel like someone could say hi to me and I would start crying. I'm just on edge and upset and I really wish I could feel okay. And I think part of it is that my sister is feeling the same way (this girl is our mutual best friend) and I'm sad for both of us.

Saeleofu

The weather has been crazy this week. 70 yesterday and then it stormed and stormed all day long. We even lost power for a few hours. Today it's SNOWING. Not any 'good' snow, but still....snow. And tomorrow it's supposed to go back up to the 50's. :confused:

This weather is messing with my sinuses.
Exact same here pretty much...except it's normal for Kansas :rofl1:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
It's actually the monthly premiums that I'm talking about - and buying individual insurance rather than having it be a group insurance kinda sucks. Your premiums are higher and your coverage isn't as good. Plus the wait periods, like I mentioned - 6 months for a filling. 12 months for a root canal. My mom had an infected tooth that was so painful she couldn't eat until after she had the root canal done (and then several days after the root canal once that had healed up.) I can't imagine having a 12 month waiting period for that...
That's ridiculous waiting periods.
And holy moly - I would have cussed someone out if I was your mom. That's insane she had to deal with that much for that long :(

I hope you get it all straightened out soon. Insurance + waiting + other BS would drive me effin mad.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Hahaha thanks dak :)

And I know it'll be okay, I know this won't kill me, but it breaks my heart. And I wish I could get rid of this feeling in my stomach. Since yesterday I've had the WORST stomachache from being upset over this. A broken heart actually does physically hurt. And I want so bad to get rid of it. That's why I couldn't just let it go and I had to text her about it. It's eating me up inside. You know that feeling you get in your stomach when you slip or almost fall? My stomach feels like that all the time, never ending. I can't stand it. I feel like someone could say hi to me and I would start crying. I'm just on edge and upset and I really wish I could feel okay. And I think part of it is that my sister is feeling the same way (this girl is our mutual best friend) and I'm sad for both of us.
Your welcome :)
I know it hurts and it sucks but you are strong. You will get through it, no matter the outcome <3

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Your welcome :)
I know it hurts and it sucks but you are strong. You will get through it, no matter the outcome <3
Thank you <3 and I'm not alone, I know my sister will never hurt me like that. We have been through everything together and she is my best friend in the universe. I love her so much and I know I will always have her. It's just that the three of us have been inseparable especially the past few years and if she doesn't change (or change back I guess) its going to be hard to adjust to it being just the two of us again. But I mean it's always been me and her against the world, and that's okay...

Torch

Someone :::cough, cough::: Henry::: may need to wear a cone or a comfy collar. He has a boo boo over his eye that he won't leave alone and let heal.

Don't tell him. I've got to pick one up on my way back to work. He's going to be thrilled.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
She's been posting on Instagram and hasn't replied to me. So I made one more attempt to get an answer out of her but after that, I'm done. I'm here crying because this is just tearing me up and I can't stand it anymore.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
My arm is sore from trying to teach a great dopey lummox and an intense idiot how to "pray". Someone tell them to stop being so rough! My arm is haggard and covered in bruises now!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
She's been posting on Instagram and hasn't replied to me. So I made one more attempt to get an answer out of her but after that, I'm done. I'm here crying because this is just tearing me up and I can't stand it anymore.
She might be the first, but she won't be the last. People tend to drift in and out of our lives. Childhood friendships rarely last... In my experience anyway.

People grow up and change. It's a GOOD thing. Open your eyes to a world of exciting new people to meet! New chapter.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
She might be the first, but she won't be the last. People tend to drift in and out of our lives. Childhood friendships rarely last... In my experience anyway.

People grow up and change. It's a GOOD thing. Open your eyes to a world of exciting new people to meet! New chapter.
The thing is, it's things like this that keep me from wanting new friends. I can't take that sh**. I really can't.

Members online

No members online now.