I'm getting a puppy

Honestly, the really negative thing I see in this thread is you Pixie and your dissatisfaction with this forum. Just my observation.
Can't say I disagree.

Anyways, not the best choice in my opinion, but I do wish you luck, and the puppies are very cute.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I don't know why people can't express that getting a byb puppy is not awesome? Are bybs okay now?
I agree....

I don't see why people are so suprised that memebers are upset/confused/whatnot since all the things that were brought up in the other thread and NO Foxy to come and state the truth. After all that were we just supposed to be okay with ZERO explanations? ZERO truth?

But I do wish you the best with your new pup, Pam and I hope you are able to have many wonderful years with her. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Very cute! (it's the splashed looking one right?)

I hardly think it's an oops when it was admitted that the litter was planned for some time now. Someone on another board linked me an ad, you can purchase breeding rights on these puppies (ALREADY!!) for extra money. I suppose if they are bred that'll be an OOPS, too.
Really? That's disheartening. :(

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Congrats on the puppy, it's your choice who to buy from even if a lot of people don't agree with it.

Just a question, since the truth is so far gone with the Foxy thread and nobody knows, does Ruby really have a heart condition or was that just a claim so Foxy would feel justified in not spaying her?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
The way I see it is... it's not these puppies fault that they were bred. they DESERVE a GOOD HOME. Whether you like it or not they deserve a home and Pam can provide that. I'm not sure what people's hopes were for these puppies. they were born under less than ideal circumstances but are they just supposed to fall off the face of the earth because of that? should they just be given to a shelter and have to live there until they are all adopted?

They need homes... you are giving the puppy the home it needs.

I don't envy you though with a toddler AND a puppy hahahaha. good luck :p

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
The way I see it is... it's not these puppies fault that they were bred. they DESERVE a GOOD HOME. Whether you like it or not they deserve a home and Pam can provide that. I'm not sure what people's hopes were for these puppies. they were born under less than ideal circumstances but are they just supposed to fall off the face of the earth because of that? should they just be given to a shelter and have to live there until they are all adopted?
Exactly.I think the puppy is going to have a great home with Pam.

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
Ideally? They'd all be spayed and neutered or on a STRICT spay/neuter contract, and rehomed as though they were rescues or through a rescue group.

I don't doubt Pam's ability to provide a good home.

These puppies are being sold at breeder's (excellent breeders who health test at that) prices with extra for breeding rights. It's about NOT perpetuating a cycle.

This isn't being said to any one particular person; this paragraph just summed up most of the similar posts:

I don't see why people are so suprised that memebers are upset/confused/whatnot since all the things that were brought up in the other thread and NO Foxy to come and state the truth. After all that were we just supposed to be okay with ZERO explanations? ZERO truth?

Where this needs to rest is with the acceptance of the fact that Pam is not accountable for what Foxy did or did not come back and clear up. Foxy is responsible for that and Foxy ONLY.

Yes, it's sad that some of these pups may be sold with breeding rights, since neither parent has been fully cleared as of yet, but Pam's not accountable for that.

Pam's been through enough over the past year or so and frankly, I'm thrilled to see her get something she wants that brings her joy, and I'm glad she's a mature, level headed adult and can look over all the passive aggressive jabs and immature sniping back and forth and not let it adulterate her happiness or affect her willingness to share it.

It's no secret that the way this litter came about caused a great deal of consternation and disapproval, which was expressed -- where and when it was germane, in the original threads regarding the litter.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
This isn't being said to any one particular person; this paragraph just summed up most of the similar posts:

Where this needs to rest is with the acceptance of the fact that Pam is not accountable for what Foxy did or did not come back and clear up. Foxy is responsible for that and Foxy ONLY.

Yes, it's sad that some of these pups may be sold with breeding rights, since neither parent has been fully cleared as of yet, but Pam's not accountable for that.

Pam's been through enough over the past year or so and frankly, I'm thrilled to see her get something she wants that brings her joy, and I'm glad she's a mature, level headed adult and can look over all the passive aggressive jabs and immature sniping back and forth and not let it adulterate her happiness or affect her willingness to share it.

It's no secret that the way this litter came about caused a great deal of consternation and disapproval, which was expressed -- where and when it was germane, in the original threads regarding the litter.
Renee--thank for saying what I was having difficulty finding the words for--I agree with this 110%.

ACooper

She had 5 pups on June 1st :)

4 hairless 1 powderpuff

How do you know? Did I miss Foxy coming back?
Sorry, I should've made it a bit more clear, LOL.........that info was posted on Facebook.

Also I want to point out that I think that information is not quite right as it appears there is one hairy one, 3 hairless, and one puff :)

And I also agree with Renee 100% You don't have to like the idea, you don't have to understand the Foxy situation either.........none of that has to do with Pam and little Panda.

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
I'm sorry, I have to disagree. This isn't just about one person and one puppy.

It's about perpetuating a cycle.

No one has asked Pam to be responsible for what Foxy did. There is just concern that this will allow an unconscionable cycle to continue.

I think lurkers deserve to know about bybs, too, and why they are wrong. They are advised to go to responsbile breeders often enough.

Regardless, Pam you have responded very well throughout this thread. If you have any crested specific concerns, let me know and I'll let you know my experiences.

ETA: Dekka, no they haven't. They all haven't even been sold, so how are they all on S/N contracts??? She's posted ads on various byb boards that offer them for sale with full breeding rights for extra money. Speaks volumes.

Pam111

It was made very clear to me that Panda is not to be bred and would be too small to be bred anyway. Not that I have any desire to ever deal with a female in heat :D

Dekka

Just try me..
an oops litter is different than a byb. YES she intended to do the breeding AFTER health testing. But the potential to do something is not a crime... I have had an oops.. Go ahead and slaughter me..

Pam is going to have an adorable well socialized pup. To me a byb is more about toss the money here have a dog (Kaiden came from a BYB with great lines, she handed him over at 5 weeks!) There is more to being a good breeder than just health testing. Yes that is important. But even if Kaiden's breeder heath tested, she would still be a byb.

Members online

No members online now.