yeast, food ??'s

Brattina88

I'm working with a holistic vet (awesome! but 45 mins away :(), and we are going to start a treatment program for Maddie's yeast problems (formely known as "allergies") :D :D

One of my jobs now is to find a new food I am comfortable with before we start "official" treatment. The vet loves Innova EVO, but prefers food with no potatoes (or hardly any) in it when working with a yeast problem.
I have been looking at California Naturals (yes I like natura products lol) and wanted to know if anyone else had any suggestions. Just keep in mind it has to be a holistic food, meat based, and no potatos in it. Grains are okay (I'm having a hard time with that lol but yes)

Maddie is currently on Innova EVO red meat, and some raw. I would love to go back to 100% raw, but I can not afford it all of the time (hours/$$ are inconsistant at work at times) and where I get my meat from is also inconsistant, and I can't always get what I need :( She's done very well on the EVO, but still has itchy paws and occasional ears... sometimes the "itchiness" seems to spread. And instead of writing it off as a "cocker thing" I've found another vet who was willing to listen to me and my dog :hail: :D

TIA

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
There's a new Evo - Herring and Salmon which I don't think has potato and iirc the Nature's Variety Instinct formulas don't have potato.

Bailey08

I have a friend whose dog is on California Naturals and she likes it (but her boy doesn't have allergy or other health issues).

Does she want to exclude sweet potatoes as well as white potatoes?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am on a do not feed the yeast diet because of all the antibiotics and trying to free my immune system to fight the lyme instead of the yeast.. . As little of simple carbs as possible and no sugar. Does the vet have you feed yogurt with live cultures? What about acidolpholus (sp?) tabs? I have to use both. I swear they both make a big difference.

Pomp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the potatoes were just removed in EVO Reduced Fat (now called Weight Management).

Brattina88

Thank you for all of your posts! The vet suggested several brands, many of them are not avaliable in my area, and she wanted me to be comfortable with what I'm feeding... seemed pretty pleased with all that I'm doing already :) I really enjoyed the visit!!

I am on a do not feed the yeast diet because of all the antibiotics and trying to free my immune system to fight the lyme instead of the yeast.. . As little of simple carbs as possible and no sugar. Does the vet have you feed yogurt with live cultures? What about acidolpholus (sp?) tabs? I have to use both. I swear they both make a big difference.
See - I'd never heard of it before, so I did some researching and the most information I found (other than the great dane lady) was on humans, but it all sounds the same. Yes to the yogurt with live cultures, and I believe yes to the acidolpholus -- we have not started that yet. I know its a tablet that contains enzymes & antioxidents and I'm pretty sure the acidolpholus. I got sooo much information I wish I'd taken notes! :D

There's a new Evo - Herring and Salmon which I don't think has potato and iirc the Nature's Variety Instinct formulas don't have potato.
Thanks! I think I'm going to call the pet store I get my EVO from and see if they'll carry it for me.

Members online

No members online now.