How Much?

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Quinn (5 months old) gets a total of 2 cups of Acana Grasslands a day.

Dally gets a total of 1 1/4 cups of Acana Grasslands a day. LOL, weird amount, but my mom feeds her in the morning and gives her a little more because she feels bad it's so little, I give her a little less when I give her her dinner.

Quinn is fed 3x a day, Dally 2x.

elegy

overdogged
mushroom gets 3/4c twice daily. he is pretty sure that he is starving to death all the time but that's him. if anything, he's a little extra padded.

luce gets just shy of 1c twice daily. i'm happy with her weight.

steve gets 1 generous cup twice daily unless he's really been run hard, then i bump him up a bit. i think i need to boost his food a bit because he's a little bit *too* ribby right now, since i've started concentrating on conditioning him more for flyball.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Fozzie is ALWAYS hungry and will eat ANYTHING... even a pickle. :eek: When he gets kibble, he eats 3/4 cup with a small amount of a supplement to fill him up (veggie puree, cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken, canned salmon, etc). He weighs 45 lbs! I feed raw most of the time, because kibble doesn't fill him up as well and he gains weight on it. Usually that is split into two meals.

Gonzo is also always hungry, except when he was sick. He is much less snorty and nosey about it than Fozzdawg, though! Gonz is 40 lbs and eats about 2 cups a day, always with fresh food mixed in. He gets fed 3-4 times a day, but only because he eats small meals since he got sick.

I appreciate dogs with good appetites! That is healthy! Dogs are opportunistic, scavenging, hunting carnivores. They also have gorge/fast digestive systems, so they can eat a LOT in one sitting (not that they should). I work at a pet hotel, and it's so stressful with finicky dogs. Some of those dogs are fed straight up chicken and hotdogs and still barely eat. It's also great to have a dog who instantly scarfs up their food, because you know something is verryyyy wrong when they won't eat.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I appreciate dogs with good appetites! That is healthy! Dogs are opportunistic, scavenging, hunting carnivores. They also have gorge/fast digestive systems, so they can eat a LOT in one sitting (not that they should). I work at a pet hotel, and it's so stressful with finicky dogs. Some of those dogs are fed straight up chicken and hotdogs and still barely eat. It's also great to have a dog who instantly scarfs up their food, because you know something is verryyyy wrong when they won't eat.
This whole paragraph is so true. It's so frustrating when we have dogs boarding that won't eat ANYTHING. If they're just there for a day or two and are just picking at their food, that's not so bad, but the ones that are there for up to a week or more need to eat. And some of them just don't care even when we add canned food or baby food.
It's also a lot easier to give medication to a dog that will eat anything. :) One dog at work right now, he seriously gets like 15 pills in the morning and you can't stick them in food because he just pulls it apart and spits the pills out, so you have to pry his mouth open and give him each and every one. It's maddening. I love dogs like Juno--I just throw her incontinence pill in with her kibble and she doesn't even notice.

Members online

No members online now.