my new baby, Izzy :D

Brattina88

:D

*Some* of you may (or may not) know that I have been researching about ferrets & their care. Anyway, I've been picking up things when they're on sale here and there, with the goal to put in an adoption application sometime this summer or to be put on a waiting list...
Friday night my best friends surprised me with the cutest baby in the whole entire world! :D
I have been really sick, out of work all week, went to the hospital, got cat scans, follow ups with my doctor (and I still have one next week) but I am finally starting to feel better...
...... but this has to be the best medicine !!

She is so very cute, I've been calling her "Izzy". I'm loving her 'reverse skunk' markings... even if it changes as she ages.
She's very sweet, and of course feisty. She's supposed to be 8wks old, and I see a tattoo in her ear, so I'm assuming she's a Marshall ferret. The girls gave me a small bag of food with her, the food that she was on. I've given her a mix of that food and some canned Fri night and Sat morning - I am trying to switch her to raw as soon as possible :eek:

Maddie keeps looking at her quizically... lol... and trying to lick her in the face
:D

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
awww shes sooo cute!! :) congrats! ive been researching ferrets also, but the whole litterbox thing makes me cringe lol

Brattina88

awww shes sooo cute!! :) congrats! ive been researching ferrets also, but the whole litterbox thing makes me cringe lol
So far, I am the luckiest! The girls said she was using newspaper at the store... I already have a corner pan, so I basically ripped up some newspaper and put it in the bottom of the pan. Like magic! ;) She is using it. I just reach in there with a bag and roll it up/toss it, put more paper down.
:thumbsupsmileyanim: <3 I <3 her

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so happy for you! I love the reverse marking too. HOpe she provides you the best relief from your worries. Vibes that whatever it is passes and leaves you whole and healthy.

Juicy

CONGRATS!! What a cutie!!

Can you brief me a bit on marshalls ferrets? I've heard the term thrown around a bit in my research on ferrets, but am not sure exactly what they are....is it like some sort of puppymill but ferret version?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
OH MY GOD

You have a Porom twin! Look!

That's when she was about the same age as Izzy. Izzy'll probably be a lot whiter when she grows! In most silvery roan ferrets, that's the pattern I've noticed. See Porom now:

*end thread hijack* She so pretty :D Also: You may or may not know this, but she may be deaf. It's not a bad thing, but most white ferrets are deaf. Porom is, and it doesn't affect her in the least. You can do some sound tests to test it, if you want. It's mostly just good to know, IMO, so you might approach them a bit more carefully as not to startle them. I pat Porom's head before waking her up so she knows I'm there. :)

Juicy: Marshall's ferretry is the primary supplier of ferrets to most North American pet stores. My two are Marshall's. There are rumors that Marshall's ferrets have higher risk of health problems, but since ferrets are generally an unhealthy species to begin with, it's not necessarily easy to find fact in it, as many "reputable" bred ferrets have similar problems.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Allie, I didn't know that about white ferrets! We used to have Angel, my white/creme ferret, and I could never tell if she was deaf or not. She was also a Marshall ferret (no surprise there, really).

I LOVE ferrets, but I doubt I'll ever have one again. If I was in the point where I couldn't have dogs, maybe, but as long as I can have dogs, I have no real desire to have any other pets.

Members online

No members online now.