What my mom overheard

Sweet72947

Squishy face
My mom and dad went and ate at a fast food restaurant the other day, and they overheard this family talking about what kind dog they wanted to get. "Lets get a lab puppy" or "lets get a dachshund!". Then the little boy who my mom said was probably 8 or 9 pipes up "But we can't get a dog, there's nobody home to take care of it!"
The child has more common sense than his parents, bless his heart. There IS hope for the world.:hail:

ACooper

Awwwwwe, NOW that is a good sign!

I want to tell you what I over heard......not nearly as good :(

These two ladies were eating at a table next to us and talking about the one lady's cat. She was complaining to the other lady about how he is using the bathroom downstairs (not in the litterbox) and they have replaced the carpet and now they want rid of him. She said he was getting old........(8 :rolleyes:) and doubts he could find a new home.
THEN she pipes up and says "I would like to know HOW I can get him euthanized cause my Vet said NO they wouldn't do it to a perfectly healthy cat" :yikes:

I wanted to turn around and join their conversation with a few words.........but alas couldn't find it in me to do it :(

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Wow that's sad :(

When I worked at the dog groomer as a receptionist this lady came in to pick up her dog (a lovely pit bull named Hannibal) and she started telling me how her cats were peeing on stuff and that she was going to get rid of them. She was like "yeah I'm taking them to the pound and they're going to be put to sleep." She told me that just like somebody would say "yesterday I bought some milk." So unfeeling. :mad: Unfortunately you're not allowed to tell off customers.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
People are so impatient with cats who do their business outside of the litterbox. I understand it's gross people, so DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Half the time these people complain while the litterbox sits there filthy, wondering why the heck the cat won't use it. Or there's actually a medical issue they're completley ignoring because "the vet costs too much money just to walk in the door, they're such a rip-off"

/rant

I would have hugged that little boy! So much promise for the future generation :)

mjb

So often, it's a kidney infection with cats when they quit going to the litterbox.

Paige

Let it be
Awh that little boy is wicked.

My cat has been an outside cat all her life. I am the first of all her owners (or so I have been told) that have let her in the house since she was a kitten. So I obviously do not expect her to use the litter box. She goes outside when the dogs go out, goes to the bathroom and comes back inside. I say it's even better than using a litter box.

Members online

No members online now.