Socialization Question

krisykris

My two dogs have really only played with my mother's two dogs, mostly because I don't know anyone else who has any.

On walks, when Emma and Bentley see another dog walking towards them Bentley will Bark and pull toward the dog and Emma will bark AND growl just a bit.

What is weird to me is that Emma is just finding her "voice" and uses it a lot lately. When she growls as she's barking she doesn't look as if she wants to be aggressive to me. She's wagging her tail and pulling toward the other dog.

I'm never sure what to do in these situations so I usually just stop dead in my tracks and say no bark until the other dog passes.

They love my mom's dogs and each other and never have exhibited being dominant or aggressive to anyone, but I just wonder if this is normal behavior.

There is puppy daycare at a kennel near my house, but I wonder if it is safe since my dogs are tiny and the dogs I see there are a lot bigger.

I thought about taking them there to socialize a few times, but without me there, I don't know if it's a good idea.

Members online

No members online now.