Raw beef liver

HOW do you get your dogs to eat it?

I have a bunch of it, and I know they need the vitamins from it, (A and K I believe, correct?) But I cannot get the beagles to eat it.

Should I slice it up and mix it in with the hamburger meat? Bailey is so picky she might pick around it.

Without a second glance all 3 will eat

Chicken
Turkey
Ribs (mostly just for raw bones of course)
Hamburger meat
Raw eggs
Chicken Gizzards and hearts
Beef heart
fish oil pills (cant do the raw fish thing, sorry)

I know the beef liver is an essential part of the diet, and I feel as if I am not balancing in enough organs. Is there anything I can substitue the beef liver for? even oral vitamins, while not preferred, is okay with me until I can figure out a solution

Help?

Cook the outside for a brief second so it's raw in the middle. Sometimes cooking meats is enough to make it more appetizing. Perhaps you could blend the liver and mix the slop in with the beef?

I've never had problems getting my dogs to eat meat, so I don't have many ideas.

bubbatd

^^^ that's what I meant .... you never throw juices away ! I always moisten dry food and save juices from veggies etc if I can . Even if you steam veggies , alot of vitamins are saved .

Molly wouldn't touch chicken liver, but she loves beef liver. I slice it up and freeze it on a cookie sheet then put the pieces in a freezer bag so it's easy to give her. Usually I leave it frozen and stick it in the meat like it's a decoration. Same with kidney.

Ohhhh okay. Thanks guys.

I will try both freezing them, chopping them in smaller pieces, blending, or simmering.

Thinking about bailey- she hates getting messy. She wont go outside when its wet, so i think its the consistency for her. maybe if I cut it into chunks so it's easier to eat. It may not be the taste.

I'll keep you guys posted, thanks for the advice!:D

Members online

No members online now.