Ok, Mika is WAY too smart for her own good!!

Ok, Mika last night tore up my grandma's dryer thingy, that goes outside, and got outdoors!! :yikes: This cat is WAY too smart for her own good! Now my grandma definately wants her out!! I don't blame her. The cat is way way too smart for her own good!!!! What do I do? Bring her and her kittens down here? So she can be outside? I think she is an indoor, outdoor cat. She loves the outdoors, she isn't in heat, and guess what!! Shes not pregnant!! :D Shes just got some fat from her babies. :p yay! I guess she doesn't like being fat either, does she? lol I'll keep her in when she is in her next heat cycle. But, I'll tell you all, something, this cat, can outsmart me!!! No one said Siamese are stupid. ;) But what should I do? Her babies are 6 weeks old now, and she wants out to explore. There is no keeping this cat indoors. Basically. Unless you put her in a crate, which will make this cat even MORE crazy than she is! And she'll find a way out of that too. Well, thank you for reading!

Yep, I've done research on them, ever since Mika has came here. And she is every definition of Siamese. :lol-sign: But you gotta love the Siamese breed. Oh yes, mods, if you want to move this, and if it is in the wrong place, then go ahead. ;) Sorry if it was in the wrong place though. But she is every definition of her breed. Shes mostly Siamese. I know shes a mix though.

Maxy24

Until Mika is Spayed she needs to be in 24/7 even if she does not appear to be in heat. The last thing you need is more kittens. Good luck trying to keep her in, I know she wants out but she needs to stay in now.

ya, but, shes down at our house now, because my grandma couldn't keep her down there. But the kittens are going to get a foster mom at least. Smokie.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
If the kittens are being given to a foster, it's the least your family can do to get Mika spayed, so she doesn't get pregnant and need *another* litter of kittens to be taken by rescue/fosters.

But I do understand you don't have much say in the matter... I feel for you!

She doesn't need anymore kittens, they are a lot of work. And Mika doesn't need the extra baggage anymore. Hopefully I get some birthday money, I know thats a while from now, but, I hope I can keep her inside until then, and then get some money to get her spayed, and that will be my birthday money. Just gotta get someone to take me to get her spayed. It will be 2 months before then. :( But I think I can keep her in for summer break, and when I am gone for school. Since no one is home. She seems to like the freedom around the house, and in front of the fan though.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
That works! It's probably been asked many times before, but is there a low-cost spay and neuter program in your area? Maybe you could check into it!

ya, Maxy e-mailed one, but my mom isn't willing to drive that far, and she got it for free too! :mad: And Maxy helped a bunch with that. Although I'm not going to stop fighting for Mika's spay. ;)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Yes, she does need to stay inside all the time until she is spayed. Cats can go into heat and get pregnant very shorty after having kittens. Someone on my cat forum had a litter of kittens a few weeks old and the mother was already pregnant again. You guessing if she is in heat or not is not going to be reliable.
I remember we talked about this before, but is there anyway you can look for a job around your community to earn some money? Mowing lawns, baby sitting, house chores, gardening, etc.
Low cost spay and neuter programs are great.
We got my cats spayed and the cost was about $15 each. They said it was $5 in their ad but they neglected to tell us there are additional costs for pain killers, etc.until we showed up. BUT, it was still way less than a regular s/n.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
*sigh* Just saw your reply to the low cost s/n.
*is frustrated* Not at you, though, Spirit.

Yep, I'm frustrated too, because Maxy took time out of her life, for Mika, and Smokie! And I feel really bad about too. But, I think Mika missed me too, cause she's laying right next to me right now. Enjoying the fans. :) Its going to be hard to hide her indoors. Shes even been in my closet looking for her kittens! :yikes:

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Spirit the truth is, if your grandmother would spay the darned cat she wouldn't be looking for any escape route possible to go and get pregnant again. If she's not pregnant now, she will be soon.

Members online

No members online now.