Nervous Dog

Hello. I am new to the forum. We have two Flat-coated lab mixes. One(Ty) is 4 and the other (Harper) 1 year. Harper is a bit nervous. His tail is more down than up. We have had Harper for 1 week and we were making good progress until today. Ty knocked something over and broke it. Harper ran around the house and peed and pooped. Now his is scared of every noise. I know it will take time to get to where we were but any suggestions would be great!:hail:

Barb04

Super Moderator
I would just say go slow and take it one step & one day at a time. You don't know the situation he was in where he lived before, so try to be patient and give him lots of love.

hedwig

maby you should keep him in one room alot of the time, built his confidence in that room and every now and then make a loud noise and reward him after, then start on other rooms, he still might be shy about his living space.

could be wrong

Thanks for the suggestions. I know that it is going to take time but it was so frustrating :( that in 1 second all that work was undone. He is coming along a little better today.

Members online

No members online now.