It's Going to Be a Really Long Year

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I don't know about you all but...

I am so sick and tired of the political craziness already. And all the craziness that isn't even political but gets dragged into the mire anyway because someone thinks it will help their side/hurt the other side.

And I swear social media just makes it all that much worse. Or at least more in my face. Really trying to stay out of it all but I do not at all enjoy having my appreciation for people I have known for a long time eroded over such things.

I don't care what "side" people are on and I really really don't want to turn this into another "Us vs. Them" or "But They're Worse!" type of thing at all...guess I'm just rather tired and stressed over the constant barrage I've received over the last week from people I know. Blocking a lot of newsfeeds for the sake of my sanity.

Ugh.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've already started dumping people from my "subscribed" list on Facebook for nasty political posts. Still "friends," just not "subscribed" so I don't have to see it.
My tolerance for childishness and "WAH WAH THE OTHER SIDE IS GOING TO DESTROY OUR COUNTRY I'M MOVING TO CANADA" has gotten thinner the older I get.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I've already started dumping people from my "subscribed" list on Facebook for nasty political posts. Still "friends," just not "subscribed" so I don't have to see it.
My tolerance for childishness and "WAH WAH THE OTHER SIDE IS GOING TO DESTROY OUR COUNTRY I'M MOVING TO CANADA" has gotten thinner the older I get.
this.
Anybody constantly barrating facebook with politics, religion (when presented in a negative/judging way) or just plain old constant bitching has been deleted/off my newsfeed at this point.

I like facebook. I like keeping in touch, I like sharing pictures... but it creates these people who think it's their own personal pulpit/soap box and its their responsibility to shove their opinions (the ONLY right opinion) down the throats of others.

Just let people think for themselves. Keep debates for when debates are called for.
has a political debate EVER led to anyone changing their mind about a candidate? especially over the internet?
doubt it. so why even bother?

And like Shai said, suddenly my relationship with my friend I know as this loving, caring, funny, nice person.. is affected by their total political craziness. Politics has a way of really bringing out the ugly in people.

I am all for voting and all for thinking for yourself and voting for who you think is best.
but mud slinging, internet "YOU ARE SO DUM! YOU IZ A COMMUNIST/RACIST/HIPPIE/HEARTLESS CACA HEAD" just makes me cringe.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
YES to all the above. I'm so glad this is not just me lol. Honestly I couldn't sleep for several hours last night (which is very very strange for me...I usually fall asleep immediately) because I was upset about all this. I'm perfectly fine with people having a different opinion than I do but the attacks and the blind zealotry without any actual critical thought put into their fervent beliefs...both make me a bit ill :s

So yeah I've been unsubscribing my heart out and will go play agility and take the dogs on a run in a bit and will feel much better I am sure.

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
I pretty much ignore my Facebook account most of the time anyway . . . but you still can't get away from it. And the sheer meanness and stupidity of half of it is almost physically painful . . . not to mention the total inanity of the press . . . I really want to go live on top of a mountain in Borneo for a year . . . so I don't have to hear about the election.

Oh, and I live in the DC metro . . .THERE IS NO ESCAPE.

Members online