Horse photos

Kootenay

My pro photographer friend/roommate came out to on a ride with me yesterday to take some pics. This is Emir, my 8 year old Straight Egyptian Arab gelding (I know, he doesn't look much like an Arab in these pictures, more like a super fuzzy pony - he has a pretty epic winter coat right now). This happened to be the first ride in over a month (it's been to icy to even get out of our yard), and that along with it feeling like spring and being incredibly windy, meant he was...acting up, shall we say? Anyway, it made for some pretty funny photos!

And now for the fun ones!

These ones were all the same move...buck, then do a spinning rear. It was interesting.

YOU LIED! There is no sun!

These are gorgeous, you look so happy! And I'm so jealous of where you live.

Panzerotti

Omg, you and your gorgeous animals! I am totally jealous that you have a black Arab, that is my dream horse.

Amazing pics, and congrats to you for staying on, lol!

Kootenay

YOU LIED! There is no sun!

These are gorgeous, you look so happy! And I'm so jealous of where you live.
You're right, the sun totally wasn't out, as soon as I got outside it disappeared. Of course.

Here are a few photos of Emir in summer coat, just so you all can see he's not always a wooly beast! (these came off facebook so don't mind the awful quality)

Gorgeous boy! I lost my black Arabian gelding about 4 years ago. Your pictures made me misty-eyed.

Good job staying on, but the pictures made me FEET cold. :lol-sign:

SaraB

So incredibly jealous of these photos!! I miss my arab boy, I miss riding him around with a halter, bareback and no shoes. Gorgeous photos, and nice riding!

BostonBanker

I will refrain (mostly ;)) from the lecture that wants to fall out of my mouth about helmets, and just say that he is gorgeous!

Kootenay

Thanks everyone! And yes, no helmet, I know...bad. I just hate them. I've been riding without one for so long now that I just can't bring myself to wear one. I'm still alive, knock on wood. And as you maybe noticed I never use a saddle, or bridle, no shoes on the horse and preferably none on me, either! I guess I'm a bit of a minimalist.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Gorgeous pictures. That's it. I'm moving to Washington. No more messing around. :p

Makes me miss riding even more desperately.

ETA: I know you live in Canada... I don't know why I said Washington. :rolleyes:

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Beautiful pictures, and clearly, beautiful horse! He looks to be pretty well-built too, I'm not typically a fan of Arabians (Indie turned me into a total Thoroughbred lover) but he's incredibly handsome and I love his face. If there's any animal I love more than dogs, it's horses... you just form such an intense bond with them, and such a trust, it's something so hard to put into words for those who haven't experienced it.

I wish I had gotten professional (or just any pictures) done with Indie before she passed unexpectedly this past November.. I only have two cell phone pictures of us together, not including riding pictures.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Wow. The pictures, the scenery, the horse and you are all gorgeous. And make me miss riding terribly.

I'd love to be able to own a horse one day. I've got the land, now all we have to do is clear cut it. :p

xpaeanx

I feel like I am looking at my cousin's pictures. She is the exact same way and she has a black TB/Welsh cross that looks more like a Morgan/Arab cross.

I used to ride like that, no shoes, no helmet, no "gear".... In my old age though I've started to appreciate my equipment. LOL.

Beautiful Country, I wish I had that kind of scenery to ride through here!

Members online

No members online now.