Do your dogs sounds like this when they play?

thea526

Hey everyone!
Who has more than one dog here? Hazel and Maggie play really rough at the park, but not at home. They sound like they are killing each other or something! Do your dogs sound like monsters when they play?? If it gets out of hand I'm always there telling them to be gentle, or not play so rough.

Should I be worried?

Hazel has been putting Maggie in line lately. It's really funny. She'll nip her on the butt when she's being a little brat. Maggie is older, but I think Hazel is going to take over. lol

Thea

Debi

Yep, lots of times Addie sounds like she is furious. I can tell when it's just play and when she does get cranky, tho. She is the 'verbal' one...Hammie never utters a sound. Sounding very sexist here......I tell my hubby...she is a true woman, always griping at the man. LOL (just kidding) Addie is top dog....she even insists she drink water before Ham. Sometimes if my hubby is stopping to see them in the morning, Addie grunts until Hammie comes out of his house. She just rules. ;)

Shiva, dear sweet Shiva, sounds like a rabid Wookie when she plays with Kharma. Kharma can make sounds that make the Ban-Sidhe sound like it's not trying!

I don't have to moderate their play much; if it sounds like it's getting out of hand, Bimmer makes some keening wolfy-noises and everybody stops what they're doing. The Boss has spoken. :p

King sounds like he's trying to kill other dogs when he gets going. The tail is spinning at about 300 RPM, and no hair is up on his back or anything, but he really sounds mean. A lot of dogs can't handle it, and think he is angry. He has several dog buddies that snarl like he does and it looks like a fight, sort of, when they play. I had King and Molly at a park and a friend brought his two Boxers over and all 4 of them were making horrible noises and after about 10 minutes, the cops pull up and says someone called 911 and reported a dogfight. They watched them for a few minutes, and had to leave for a call.

Members online