Is Voodoo really smarter?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Voodoo is learning commands amazingly fast. Voodoo learned sit in five minutes, Zeus took a full week of sessions. So naturally, I thought Voodoo was the more intelligent dog.

That is, until last night. Zeus was chewing the "Superior Bone" (the best chew-bone in the house). Voodoo was watching him like a hawk, waiting for Zeus to leave the bone unattended so he could go steal it. Zeus was thirsty, but was hesitant about leaving his bone.

I was amazed at this one....

Zeus stared at Voodoo, then picked up the chew-bone. He looked back and forth from Voodoo to the couch. The he had a doggie epiphany. Zeus walked over to the couch, dropped the chew-bone on the floor, and used his paw to roll it under the couch. Then he went to get a drink. Voodoo was circling the couch, crying and pawing under it, but he couldn't reach the bone.

Zeus came back, crouched on the floor, and used his long legs to pull out the bone. He sniffed and licked the bone to make sure it was ok, looked at Voodoo with the most smug expression I've ever seen on a dog, then rolled the bone back under the couch.

Then it got even better.....

Zeus started stalking through the house, searching out all of his favorite toys. He then proceded to slide each one under the couch! :eek: The stuffed kahuna toy....the section of fire hose.....the rope tug....all were being stashed. You could almost read Zeus' thoughts on his face: "That one's mine, Voodoo. And that one. And oh, you can't have that one either." Voodoo watched him the whole time with a bewildered look, crying and whimpering like a baby.

My hubby and I were just dying laughing. I had tears running down my face and a stitch in my side. Eventually, I had to stop Zeus and pull the toys out. He then got a stern lecture about sharing with his new little brother.

It was so hilarious that I just had to share.

L

LabBreeder

that is the cutest...and smartest...thing i've ever heard. i have images of that in my mind as well. :)

Kase

Oh thats sooo funny :D, what a smart boy Zeus is! I can just imagine his smug look, he must be so proud of himself. Poor Voodoo though :( :D.

filarotten

Fila the love
Maggie does that to Brutus all the time. She puts them under our bed where he can't reach them.
Brutus hid one under the couch from Spike the other day. Keith and I had to laugh. Spike was so upset.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
LOL...that is -so- one of those stories I wouldn't have hardly believed since I didn't have two dogs. Now however I was waiting for you to say Zeus went and got a safe and stashed them with a combination lock so he didn't have to share :D

Members online