Victor has a new best friend

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This morning she brought him his chew bone and set it in front of him like a pressie. The exact same way he brings it to me, and her gift giving did not go un noticed. She touches him gently and for a dog that thinks toddlers and babies are heebie jeebies..he sure spends a lot of time now following her and watching her with a soft face that has nothign to do with goodies. I am so glad. Even at his age, phobias can get better.
I am looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops. He thinks Aiden is fine, from across the room thank you very much.

I had to tell them both, this is not the way we clean up.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WHere you find one, you find the other

where you find one..you find the other

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It cracks me up that Victor will immitate whatever the children are doing. I first noticed it when Jory my grandson would spend the weekends with me. Victor has never given two hoots about the television screen. Not in 10 years, but if Aiden is watching cartoons, then by gosh, Victor is going to look at it too.

victor is not the only one benefiting from our daily babies. Pepper is pretty smitten too. Baylee is so gentle. SHe reached up and took Victor's chew bone from his mouth, studied it, he was so patient, his one wrinkle creasing his brow, then she put it right back where she got it from, and his tail wagged. Pepper loves to hang out with Baylee too. When she was warming herself on the sidewalk, Baylee would either sit by her, or walk back and forth with the leash and collar. Forget baby toys, she knows these are something to do with the dog, and she wants to do whatever that is. But she doesn't try to put it on, or anything else like that, just lays them on the ground beside her. Sits and touches her back.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Aww....the grandkids & the dogs are so good for each other. This is so nice to see.

Members online

No members online now.