Stinky dog food?

Hillside

Original Twin
Ok, so I have recently been feeding Saga the new Merrick, which while she is doing great on it, she just isn't that into it. I got a free bag of the Castor and Pollux grain/poultry free and oh MY is it stinky. So of course she LOVES it. None of her usual grabbing of a mouthful, spitting it out, grabbing another, spitting THAT one out and then investigating the kibble piles. In hindsight, the kibbles she has really have been into have been the stinky ones.

Anyone got any suggestions on very odoriferous foods?

JacksonsMom

I thought Orijen Six Fish and Acana Pacifica smelled, LOL... such a strong fish smell, I couldn't stand it (Orijen more so).

Fromm Game Bird isn't, like, such a STRONG smell (to me) but it has kind of a ... funky smell, I can't describe, but Jackson LOVES it. The Surf and Turf... I kind of recall being a bit smelly too, but we haven't used that formula for like 2 years. We're actually going to try it on our next bag so I'll let ya know, haha.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Canine Caviar Herring. Eww.

Also Canine Caviar Venison is very strong smelling. Doesn't smell like meat, smells more like herbs, but it does smell!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Canine Caviar Herring. Eww.
You make me so scared to open my bag!!

It doesn't smell, but Lucy thinks that Fromm Beef Frittata is CRACK!! Which apparently isn't an uncommon reaction.

But I can't really think of anything I've fed that has been stinky. Hmm.

JacksonsMom

You make me so scared to open my bag!!

It doesn't smell, but Lucy thinks that Fromm Beef Frittata is CRACK!! Which apparently isn't an uncommon reaction.

But I can't really think of anything I've fed that has been stinky. Hmm.
omgz, Jax too. I think the beef one smells good and fresh actually!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Haha seriously what is it about that food! She is almost 7 years old and has never been excited to eat (unless there is canned food mixed in). But now when it's time to eat she jumps around tail wagging, whining if I don't go fast enough, and then she freaking does a nose dive into her bowl and inhales it all. Laced with doggy drugs, I tell ya.

I think most fish-heavy foods would be pretty stinky. Juno is on salmon Nutrisca right now and the smell is pretty mild but I think it probably doesn't have that much fish in it. =P

JacksonsMom

Does anyone know off hand how smelly Surf and Turf is ... if it's like SUPER fishy, or not *terrible*? I fed a bag of it a long time ago, like I said, and I'm not sure I remember. It may be nice to know before purchasing again though if it's going to be really smelly... lol. OR their grain inclusive Salmon a la Veg?

Lyzelle

Acana Pacifica has quite the strong fish smell. Not so much anymore, their new formula is more potato-y, but still quite strong.

TOTW Pasific Stream is very strong too.

Lyzelle

Does anyone know off hand how smelly Surf and Turf is ... if it's like SUPER fishy, or not *terrible*? I fed a bag of it a long time ago, like I said, and I'm not sure I remember. It may be nice to know before purchasing again though if it's going to be really smelly... lol.
It smelled. Not overly so, but Surf n Turf was smelly in it's own right. Fishy...but almost...good fishy? If that's imaginable. It didn't bother me, but it was a strong smell.

james6

Premium dog foods are the best foods for your dog. They do cost more because they are of
high value and so pay off in the end both for your dog and for your pocketbook.
Premium dog foods do not contain harmful fillers and inferior ingredients. They are both sound
and nutritious. There are no colors or preservatives so your dog will be fed nature’s finest.

Members online

No members online now.