Tie out options

Paige

Let it be
I'm moving into a place without a fenced in yard. I am not the type to go out with my dog and watch him go pee in the morning. At all. I don't ever leave him out for long. Bandit is not a wanderer but fact still stands. The fence is not fully fenced in and I am not risking it. So a tie out is going to be needed for 5-10 minutes of potty time in the morning. Before I've gotten Briggs ready to go on a walk.

So, what do you all think I should look into?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
My grandmother has a laundry line tied up between the house and a tree, and has a line attached to a clip on that. Works really well for her.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Weve used a double clip or the screw type clips and a long leash for a dog thats not going to challenge it.

IME it makes it alot easier when you are just doing it before a walk too because you unscrew/snap the leash and go.

Paige

Let it be
Oh I failed to mention my dog EATS leashes if he is tied on something he can chew through. He won't budge from the spot you left him but that lead will be no more in 30 seconds so I need something that will hold up.

Paige

Let it be
I'm considering it. Should I put him on a harness instead of a collar?

Miakoda

A harness will only enable him to pull with more force against the tie-out.

Paige

Let it be
A harness will only enable him to pull with more force against the tie-out.
He's not generally a puller just a leash eater when left alone but that is a good thing to take into consideration.

Members online

No members online now.