Transport help from Washington state to Buffalo, NY

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Do you think there would be any Min Pin rescues that would be willing to help with transport...?

I'm not sure if I can help, but if he passes by Lafayette, IN I may be able to drive for 1-2 hours. Maybe more, depending on what gas prices and my finances are like at the time.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Is he small enough to fit in a cabin carrier? Also, he'll very likely have layovers so If PW's bf could help out around Minneapolis and whatever probably layovers that would be ideal.

lizzybeth727

Holy crap guys--2500 miles? It'll end up being cheaper (and much simpler) if you could find someone flying from Seattle to the east coast who would be willing to take the dog as carry on. The cost to take a pet in the cabin will be 1/10 the cost of gas to get across the country.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Plus we don't have a lot of members through about 2/3 of that route - Montana, South Dakota, Minnesota - so doing a transport train might be difficult.

BUT.... anyone know someone flying from Seattle to the east coast??

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Here are delta's prices for pet shipping CARGO

and some info:

Pet Shipments must be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance and a maximum of 7 days in advance.

We have climate-controlled Live Animal holding areas in our four hub cities: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas and Salt Lake City.

Upon arrival in the destination city, pets will be delivered to the Delta Cargo facility within 60 minutes.

All shipments must be picked up at the destination city cargo facility based on the destination station's guidelines.

Animals must be considered non-offensive and not dangerous to passengers or baggage handlers.

Health Certificate
A health certificate is required when shipping your pet as air cargo. While Delta does not require a health certificate for carried-on or checked pets, upon arrival, the certificate may be required by the state. For clarification, please call your veterinarian or see the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Veterinary Services.
The certificate must be issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of transport. The certificate must contain:
The shipper's name and address.
Any tag numbers or tattoos assigned to the animal.
The age of the animal being shipped (USDA regulations require animals be at least 8 weeks old and fully weaned before traveling).
A statement that the animal is in good health.
A list of administered inoculations, when applicable.
The signature of the veterinarian.
The date of the certificate.
If the shipper knows that the pet is pregnant, it must be noted on the health certificate.

Hope it helps! I've always been happy with delta and pet shipping, its how romeo came to me and they were awesome!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
boo looks like we are too far east to be of any service for this.

GOOD LUCK. will be keeping an eye on the thread to see how it all goes

Saeleofu

I HIGHLY recommend Frontier/Midwest to fly, but they don't accept unaccompanied pets.

I agree though that flying will be cheaper than getting a transport chain going.

Anyone know what that airline is that takes only pets, flies them in the cabin? Or how much it costs?

CaliTerp07

I HIGHLY recommend Frontier/Midwest to fly, but they don't accept unaccompanied pets.

I agree though that flying will be cheaper than getting a transport chain going.

Anyone know what that airline is that takes only pets, flies them in the cabin? Or how much it costs?
Petairways, but it's $500, and they don't go anywhere near Seattle. Denver or LA would be the closest.

filarotten

Fila the love
I'm going to email Ryan, the pet transporter that brought Cleo. But I need to know where he would need to pick up and deliver first.

Don't rule out the truckers that transport. They don't charge anything.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Okay I was going to go to Illinois for the summer but can't afford it. He can go with me if we can find a way to make a fund for that. I tried to look up the cost but (pathetically) can't figure it out. :p I would be leaving from the Seattle airport and arriving at the Chicago airport. This would cover more than half the route, and then we would just need some people willing to get him from Illinois-NY.

Members online