YAY Training Gig

mrose_s

BusterLove
So I finally finished my training course a few months ago and have been trying to work out how to get some more hands on experience with other dogs. I know the theory well but I havn't done much training on dogs I don't know.

Last weekend my herding instructor asked me what I was planning on doing with the course, I told him eventually I'd like to train for a living but right now I just want to find some dogs to work with and get some experience.

So he and the property owner offered for me to do some basic obediance training with some of the dogs/owners that come out there. A lot of people come out to start herding but there dogs have just about zero training.
We also are usually out there for about 4+ hours and only get 3-4 ten minute runs with sheep so there is a lot of standing around.
So he's going to give me a spare paddock and let me do some basic work with people and their dogs. Sit, down, stay, recall and LLW.

I'm pretty nervous about it actually but its way too good an oppurtunity to turn down.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Thanks guys, I'm pretty lucky for this I think.
I really like this instructor, out of everyone I've met since I got Quinn I think he has helped me understand her the most. I like his whole attitude towards training.

Members online