art studies in "the Dog Museum"

cyrillejubert

cyrillejubert
If you like dogs and hounds, "the dog museum" is the website for you.

Have a look at this new page showing studies of hunting hounds painted successively with different techniques.
indian ink with a japonese brush, sepia with a drawing pen, watercolour as a study of whites, graphite pencils, monochromatic tinting ...

it's always the same drawing, but these different techniques of painting or drawing give you very different feelings.

http://the-dog-museum.com/studies.html

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
OH BOY YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!i love your post..i think it is just fabulous you share your technique with everyone..i just study everything you do.... :D wanted to pm u and some of the other artists that do not post as often as blabbermouth me :rolleyes: , but i had an idea and wanted to know what u think..i will post the link to the thread. Let me know if u think it is a good idea or not. the link is http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4636 it could be such a marvelous show if everyone contributed..no one would have to be a fund raiser if they didn't want to..i am just cause i want to. The important thing would be just to post your piece! ;)
YOur hounds are incredible...i think the leaning one sets the mood of the whole piece and just warmed my heart with how natural and "real" your composition is..there are so many new artists..i can't wait to see what they post. Thanks for sharing with me! You made my day!!!!!!!!!! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Just amazing!! I loved each and every one of them!! :D Such lovely expressions on the dogs!! :D

cyrillejubert

cyrillejubert
11 different techniques and studies

Hi Smkie

Have you seen the last studies.. the sepia drawn with a drawing pen, the yellow camaïeu ... and the last one in red chalk
I wonder if I can go further with a Chagall, a Cocteau ...

someone tells me to paint a Klimt :D

not so easy !

here is an interesting detail
but now you can have them full page on
http://thedogmuseum.com/studies.html

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i studied all of your variations thinking that was a great way to expand on the visual skills..i have ground myself down in to two ways of expression..and now they have become..well, to stay it bluntly sometimes a drudge..i have lost a lot of the fun that is involved..i think going back and expressing in different mediums might be a keen way to bring the spark back. I enjoyed your studies very much indeed.

nedim

Good site, the colors really DO change the feeling of the pictures.

cyrillejubert

cyrillejubert
emotions

Emotions that is the master word

An italian friend of mine wrote me a whole page on the emotions felt on each new painting ... colours, souvenirs ... it's really interesting
I shall publish her letter on the page of my website

It's true that the more I create new ones, the more desires and ideas I have.

really fun

Members online

No members online now.