The Good News thread

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Last year, after having lost contact for 3 years, Rowan's foster mom called me and asked me to dog sit. Now a year later she called and asked again :) We're going back to Brittany House tomorrow! She has 2 of her own and a permafoster Brit. I'm so excited! Riff is gonna be the odd man out, lol.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Are you having NGP put it on?
I'll do it, with help. I need injectors, and I just bought BKR5Es so might exchange those for BKR6Es. Need MBS to make me an intake and downpipe. I could run 5psi unintercooled, but I think the wastegate is good for 7psi minimum, so I need a core and piping. Need oil lines and need to tap the pan. Need UM to reflash my ECU... Umm, that might be everything, haha. Realistically I might need a new clutch, but we'll see how this one holds.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Mike got his waiver and is going down Monday to see what jobs are available. If he gets the one he wants, he'll be signing a contract.

This is good news because FINALLY something will be decided. And if he becomes a Seabee, I am very comfortable with the decision.

This is bad news because if he cannot sign as a Seabee, he will be looking at other jobs...and I am not as comfortable with that. And he will be making a decision that will change both of our lives without any input from me. While I trust him completely...he doesn't always think of the finer details and those are what is going to make or break me.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
OMG. Okay so I was planning to surprise my sister for her birthday. The plan was to fly her and I (and our mom) to Chicago, catch a cab to the train station, take the train to my mom's cousin's house, take a limo from there to floor seats at the Justin Bieber concert, take a cab back to the train station, and a train back to my mom's cousin's place, spend the night, and I guess we'd have to ask my mom's cousin for a ride to the airport because cabs won't come that far.

BUT then we figured out that the megabus goes from Nashville to Chicago for $97 (one way) for the three of us. But the drive is 9hr 15min.

So that was gonna cost me...a small fortune. And I was willing to do it because we've been through a whole lot of crap this year, a lot of heartbreak, and just...stupid drama. So I wanted to give her something good. But I think I've found a way to do that, AND spend about half the money. And I'm crossing my fingers SO hard!

New plan is take the megabus (4hr 50min) to Atlanta for $10 (both ways), take a cab a 1/2 mile to a room at the Hyatt, hang out for a while, then take a cab (or possibly a shuttle if the hotel provides that) a 1/2 mile to floor seats at the Justin Bieber concert, take a cab back to the hotel, and then a cab (or shuttle) back to the bus stop the next morning. PLUS Atlanta is his last US show for this tour, and where he started his career, so it's gonna be special. :)

Only thing is that we lose the limo because I'm not paying for a 2-3 minute limo ride, ANNNNND the bus reservations only go two months out and the concert is Aug 10th. So I can't make hotel reservations or buy the concert tickets until I'm 100% sure I can get to Atlanta lol! So that's where the finger crossing comes in. I'm praying that tomorrow they will have the dates up for me to purchase bus seats. I'm not totally clear on how that works, and I don't know for sure that tickets for the 10th of Aug will magically show up on the 10th of June. We shall see... I'm just really scared that the floor seats I want might sell out before then.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.