So excited!! (Cornsnake people)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I just had an opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I just sent off the payment, and as soon as the weather warms up... I'll be getting a TESSERA!!!

I know that may not mean much to most folks, but the cornsnake enthusiasts out there should know what I'm talking about. :D

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Very very nice! I just sent of payment for my Reverse Okeetee. So we can be excited together! Can't wait to see pics!

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I'm just glad that there are people here than I can share with my excitement. LOL! Except for my husband, none of my immediate circle really understands me and cornsnakes... and the name "Tessera" really means nothing.

Regarding my husband, he really surprised me. I showed him the breeder's ad and expected a response of, "You want to spend HOW MUCH on WHAT?!?!?", but instead he was just like, "Cool! Get her!" Awesome, but potentially dangerous... :rofl1:

I'll be sure to post pictures once she's here and settled. It is going to be a while, though... the breeder prefers not to ship while overnight temps are below 40*F. Considering that today is going to be a high of a whopping 25*F, I'm thinking it's going to be a few weeks (or longer) before she actually arrives. :cry:

I might be able to share a photo from the breeder, though... let me ask him about that before I start linking someone else's photos all willynilly. ;)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Yeah, I'm pretty excited. :banana: I saw these before I got Reggie, and really wanted one, but with the price tag they carry I thought there was NO WAY I could ever justify having one. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time Wednesday night...

puppydog

Tessera is acuatlly a style of mosaicing. Just FYI. She is so pretty!!! I am jealous. Paul says no more snakes after my male arrives, we will just see about that won't we! LOL!

Romy

Taxiderpy
Tessera is acuatlly a style of mosaicing. Just FYI. She is so pretty!!! I am jealous. Paul says no more snakes after my male arrives, we will just see about that won't we! LOL!

Oh I got that. I just wasn't sure if there were any other genes in there as well, since she's really light compared to this normal hatchling from the website:

Since, IME, whenever a new gene pops up in corns people immediately cross it out to everything under the sun. :p

puppydog

Oh I got that. I just wasn't sure if there were any other genes in there as well, since she's really light compared to this normal hatchling from the website:

Since, IME, whenever a new gene pops up in corns people immediately cross it out to everything under the sun. :p
I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. I thought people might like to know what Tessera was. :)

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul

As far as I know, there isn't any hypo in the mix. The breeder I'm receiving her from isn't aware of any, either. Granted, he did not produce this girl, but the breeder that did (whom I also know) also didn't mention any other genes at play.

Now, this girl I'm receiving is an '09 summer hatchling, so it's probable that she's just a bit older and has had a few more sheds than the one pictured at Ian's Viv. Again, I don't know for sure.

All in all, the mystery behind this morph is part of the fun! I'm actually still doing my research on Tessera genetics... :eek: Since I'd thought I would never be in a position to get one, I'd spent my time reading up on other things cornsnake.

In the end, I'm still just amazed that I was able to snag her! :D

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
She's here! She's here!

Behold this crappy, blurry, dark iPhone photo I snapped through the lid of her tub. I didn't want to stress her out by trying to get a decent photo. I just wanted to have proof of arrival. :D

She's so teeny! I knew I was getting a baby, but I have a tendency to overestimate snake sizes. I didn't realize how little she was actually going to be. :p

Oh, and her name is Una. :)

WAY cool. I just got to play with one yesterday that we were exporting to Europe. They are really interesting looking.

I forget the genetics...this is a recessive correct? :)

Members online