Can my dog....

Max the puppy

1 dog max the cockapoo
Hi I'm new.
First let me say that I have 1 puppy that is a little over 6 months old. I have had him for a little over 3 months. :eek:
Ok anyway he Is a cockapoo. right now he is 10.1 pounds he should not get anymore then 12 pounds.
Half Cocker spainel and half poodle. He can jump very high. He can jump onto counches he jumps off our deck, and many other things. I can tell he loves to jump.
So I was wondering if he would be able to start practicing jumping for contest. I was doing a little today by useing this rod. He got it the first time but I could really not get him to do as well as he did that 1st time. If I have a dog that would be able to join those contest can anyone tell me how to trian him?
Thanks any help would be great!

Agility23

No one in agility trains there dogs until there over 12 months because you damage there bones doing it at the age you are....

As for competitions your dog has to be 18 months in the uk any where else i dont know.

To compete you really need to go to a club.

S

ShepherdGirl123

:D well when you have a puppy, start with just poles laying on the ground then as they grow start getting higher! :) :D

S

ShepherdGirl123

My Grandma just got a cokapoo thats 3 months old and she said the breeder said that they can break their legs really easily!
:(

showpug

Find a puppy agility class and they will help you learn and work up to the level your dogs needs to be at for it's age. :)

Sprout

Brussels Griffon
In agility they put the jumps according to size, though. So if you went in agility, there would be jumps, but TINY ones, they make them real short for the smaller dogs
And if you jump your dog (at any age) too high, too much, it could damage them.
I know how it is, though. Sprout jumps anything, and high, too! But normally practicing for basic stuff I have it pretty low. I only have him do real high jumps just for fun about once a month, if even.. I just dont want him to get hurt :)

Members online

No members online now.