Mary's mole on her eye

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
grew back and was causing her discomfort. WE put it off as long as we could because when they removed it last time the scar tissue scratched her cornea..hurting her and damaging her eye as badly as the mole did but it eventually softened up and we thought it was all over. Until about 4 mths ago when it began to grow back. In the last two months it got seriously larger, i kept it lubricated with neosporin eye ointment and we used a steriod drop that helped keep the inflamation down until yesterday when it took a serious turn for the worse.
I tell ya what, Mary is a WAY BRAVER GURL then i could ever be. HER vet is the best of the best too. The vet said that she should be taken to a full service that could laser it off..i asked if there were any universities that would do that..she shook her head no and then came back with a needle full of something "caine" i cant remember exactly what. I held her head in my arms my face by her ear and Mary held as still as she possible could only pulling back a few times and not much at that. ONce it was numb the vet cut the mole off and then used silver nitrate to stop the bleeding and prevent infection. There is no way i could have held still for that. SHe was sooooooo brave!!!!! and her VEt was just the best of the best of the best! I cant believe she was that good. We have an ointment to put in three times a day for now.
The vet asked me how old she was and i said really i am not sure. I have had her since her first breath but really prefer to live in denial like i do with GG..I just keep telling myself she is 12 and that means 14 is a long ways away. I should ask my brother how old her sister is so that i can give the correct answer. SO that is the story of our vet appt.:eek: :eek: :eek:
I came home and gave her TWO pieces of pizza which she said thank you very much and yes she agreed she deserved them. Now she is sleeping. WE went in the vet's at 1:30...were out and home by 2:45. My bill..18 dollars. THat is exactly why i want Packs On Wheels to be donated to the humane society. Without them, i would have not vet for Mary and that means she could not be in my life. I cannot express my gratitude enough. They give me their very best..and i want to give them mine:)

Debi

oh sweet Mary...what a good girl! I bet you have the same ointment 3 times a day as I have. it is good and soothing. what a great vet. ((hugs Mary)) we love you. :)

Mary is one in a million . . . My Bear was like that, you could do anything to him and he would stand steady and trusting for it, but I've never heard of another like that until Mary.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
she said it has a steriod in it too..the drop sure took all the pain and red out of it..just the darn mole kept growing! I hate moles i just do not see their purpose in being. I coudln't have held still especially since the needle had to be used more then once..three times i believe.She said the skin was very tough. That needle come towards me i would have run right through the door:eek:
When Bronki had the stitches put in under his eye when garg bit him the vet told me to get away from him as the paralyzing drug wore off..said he would bite me..franky i wouldn't have cared if he did..i was there to hold his head and tell him how God awful sorry i was. I don't like that drug at all for i think he felt every bit of it..i knew he wouldnt' bite me and he didnt. The whole time he stitched him up Bronki's eye never left mine...This was much better..i dont think she felt it once it was numb. She was so good i just can't get over her behavior.

Debi

ah smkie...I can relate. when Ham was at the vet last Fri., I told you he just lay his head on my shoulder.......and only then let the vet do whatever he needed to do. wash...dye...wash...ointment. he was such a good boy. the vet seemed nervous, yet I knew Hammie would be fine as long as I was down at his level telling him it was ok. :) they trust us so completely...I see that every time we visit the vet. more ((hugs)) for Mary...I DO just love her. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
They both did better then i could have done..they showed the eye surgeries my mom went through on a tv in the waiting room..you could actually watch the procedure on your loved one if you wanted...no way oh no way no way could i do that...watch or sit still for that!

Saje

Island dweller
What a great vet! And an awesome job Mary! I'm so glad she stood still for it. that's super super super. I don't have a dog that would do that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i told mom how great she was and she as always reminded me my dog is not quite as miraculous as i think she is..to qoute.."isnt it amazing how dogs do that..they fight you like the devil to clean their ears at home but take them to the vet and have him take out those long qtips.stick them down so far and they sit there good as gold,." ok mom..i still think she was fabulous! She said she got the qtip out for herself this afternoon and shaffer saw her holding it and got out of the room quick not returning for a long time.
The vet wasn't able to get all of the mole but it is significantly reduced and she can shut her eye naturally now for the first time in a month.

bubbatd

How great it's over and Mary came throught with flying colors !! Give her another piece of pizza from Grammy !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am sitting here with the last two pieces and she is giving me the guilt treatment like you wouldn't believe..but i am afraid other then the pepperoni she is outa luck.

jxxlxxs

Reugar's Mom
18!! bucks?! wow i think im getting RIPPED OFF haha i think you said something about it being a clinic?? whats it called and how did you find out about it? i wanna see if theres something around here like that -if not, then maybe just somewhere that does cheaper spay/neuter...i spent 300 to have reugar neutered and almost 200 for one of the cats to get spayed:(

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so happy Mary is alright. She is a brave girl. The lab I had, Brandy, was the same way at the vet. I miss her so. CJ does remind me of Brandy; CJ is good at the vet also.

filarotten

Fila the love
What a brave girl. Good girl Mary, hope it stays away this time. Glad you have a great vet.
I have to say Duke was like that, and so is Brutus. Always willing to let the vet do what is needed and never complains.

Members online