Can someone please tell me wtf just happened??

It was a sunny, hot, September the 6th here - at a peak of about 24 Celsius early in the afternoon. It was too hot to walk Katalin at around noon or so - so I was sitting in my study room/'office' just chatting with a friend casually and she said "Why don't we go to the beach? there won't be many more days like this - I'll pick u up in abit" I shrugged and figured why not and packed a towel, beach blanket, swimsuit, book, and water bottle.

Friend arrived and we headed off - she was on about how stressful things were at work and that half the people she had to work with/around on a daily basis were incompetent ninnies while we were driving. I spoke to her abit about things and feelings lately and the other night at Emiley's. This friend of mine I've mentioned in a previous thread; Angela, she owns a Viszla. I've known her longer than Emii but we've been alot more casual/easy going of friends over the years - perhaps also why we're still on such good terms now.

She is no nonsense, logical, future oriented, direct, and sleek; In sharp contrast to Emiley who's magical, chameleonic, mystical, other-worldly, non-conformist, and nearly like a conceptual pseudo-human prototype. The two didn't know each other well - but what they did know of each other they didn't care for very much. They tolerated and didn't speak ill of one another (at least to me) for my sake.

We drove down a different trail that I hadn't been thru in a very long time within the lands of the University of British Columbia. I said I was expecting for her to take us to a more popular beach closer by to my neighborhood, Kitsilano or Jericho; She said we may as well venture down to a different one for some adventure and a short hike - a clothing optional stretch called Wreck beach - a famous hippy/stoner hang out. I was abit surprised that she of all people would choose a place like that for a day out but I was like, sure, whatever....

We parked then took the very steep and arduous trail 3 down to the beach; I gulped down the contents of my bottle before we even got down! We finally made it and it was...quite beautiful. Breezier than I would have cared for - but great scenery nonetheless.

I plunked the beach blanket down and towel over it and was looking for a discreet place to change into my swimsuit - in a blink of an eye while I was setting our place up - Angela was butt naked. This again - surprised me but I didn't say anything about it nor did she. I opted to shuck off to my panties and just leave it at that. We chatted, read, and tanned for a while and it was lovely - the nudity was non sexual, unawkward, comfortable, and even liberating. Until....we were both on our backs, I was half asleep - and I felt Angela's arm go over my shoulders....then she started rubbing my back all over....I was roused from sleep by the feeling but still very groggy; I wasn't sure what it was about but I took it as a friendly/soothing gesture from her as we had been talking about some stressful stuff just beforehand. But her hand traveled towards the inside of my armpit and began to massage/feel up the side of my boob; I pulled back somewhat but still didn't say anything and pretended to be asleep - her hand went onto the small of my back and a finger or two slid under the band of my underwear. I jumped up and said I would go to a food stand nearby to get us drinks and asked her what she wanted. She said bottled water if they had any or else just a diet soda, I donned my tshirt and flip flops and headed off trying to make sense of what had just happened.

She said not a word about anything and neither did I. The hike back up and drive back home was uneventful - we agreed on a Saturday jog and brunch with the dogs. She dropped me at my door, left me with a hug and said she would text me later tonight.

......I cannot for the life of me make an iota of sense of what happened today. She has NEVER had any sort of attraction/romantic ideation towards me (at least none that I know of). So how should I be interpreting what happened this afternoon? I don't want to raise the topic with her or badger her with questions; that would probably make me look and sound completely crazy as well as possibly dealing a decent sized dent in our friendship. But I'm just pondering now - like I said previously, what/why was this and how should I be registering this? was it just something random and totally innocent or should I be keeping my guard up around her?

Pops2

misunderstood signals. happens all the time between men & women.

I liked where the story was going, and now not so much. She probably understands her advances where unwelcome. Shouldnt be an issue from here o out.

What you've described would be kinda difficult to explain away. Seems like you handled it in a way that gave her a graceful way out, without damaging the friendship.

If it were me, I wouldn't bring it up -- unless something similar happened again.

I concur - we talked tonight and she said "Sorry for earlier" - my response: "What happened?". I think we are both happy to leave it at that.

I'm just more puzzled as to why/how things came about this way - it's incredibly out of character for her and was quite a...shock almost, to me.

M

MyHorseMyRules

There were no men in this situation...
That wasn't really the point. This would be the same as a similar situation between you and a male friend. It just sounds like a case of misunderstood signals. She probably thought you were interested, you were clearly uncomfortable, so she left it alone after that. It's not really a big deal. If she brings it up again or does something like this again, just be firm and clear that you're not into it and just want to be friends.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Things like this happen ALL. THE. TIME.

Who hasn't made a pass at someone who isn't interested in them OR been on the receiving end?

M

MyHorseMyRules

Who hasn't made a pass at someone who isn't interested in them OR been on the receiving end?
^This. That's what I was trying to say, but you said it better.

The fact that she would even be remotely interested in me is personally mind numbing. NEVER any signals from her before - not the slightest hints of anything; and she is straight as an arrow and I would never have figured myself as her type either, so both things those only add to the perplexity.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
The fact that she would even be remotely interested in me is personally mind numbing. NEVER any signals from her before - not the slightest hints of anything; and she is straight as an arrow and I would never have figured myself as her type either, so both things those only add to the perplexity.
She never gave hints and tells people she's straight.... Again, hardly mind blowing!

How old are you both?

LMAO

She IS straight - she's only ever dated or been interested in men all the time we've known each other (since 7th grade), and no she's never shown any signs of attraction towards me or women except for normal appreciation of style/beauty "That's hot", "She's got a nice body" etc.

I'm 26 and she's 29.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
LMAO

She IS straight - she's only ever dated or been interested in men all the time we've known each other (since 7th grade), and no she's never shown any signs of attraction towards me or women except for normal appreciation of style/beauty "That's hot", "She's got a nice body" etc.

I'm 26 and she's 29.
Again, just because she hasn't let on to YOU, doesn't mean she's straight 100%. You can't just think you know... People are able to keep these sort of things secret!

I thought you were a lot younger lol!

Barbara!

She could have wanted to fool around/experiment possibly. Sometimes girls want to explore their sexuality or may just be plain sexually frustrated and who better to help with that than a best friend?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
LMAO

I'm 26 and she's 29.
Just because she has only ever been with men doesn't necessarily mean she is 100% straight. I've only been with men, but recently have been realizing more that I am also attracted to women. Whether I'm attracted to them in a sexual manner or not, I'm still trying to figure out, but there is definitely something drawing me towards feeling some sort of attraction to women. Typing that out here is actually the first I've spoken about it to be honest since i havent felt the need to talk about it. Maybe she is just trying to sort out how she may feel towards the same sex. Maybe she is actually attracted to you and misread signals and thought she would just go for it. Just because someone appears straight doesn't mean they necessarily are. Hell, she could be straight and just wanted to have fun and experiment a little too. Personally I would just leave it alone and not say anything about it to her. I wouldn't be surprised if she is feeling a bit embarrassed that she may have misread your signals.

When I've wanted to explore with girls I didn't go to a close friend lol - and when I've been frustrated in that manner I just picked up guys xd. Her "method" is safer and alot more risk free I admit. But still it really caught me off-guard.

She could have wanted to fool around/experiment possibly. Sometimes girls want to explore their sexuality or may just be plain sexually frustrated and who better to help with that than a best friend?
Skittle,

I'm sort of bi-curious myself. I've been with a woman sexually only once but have had other sorts of "explorations" quite a few times casually. Again - just from knowing her it was just quite a shock, really out of the blue - more so the fact that she would make a move on me than her being curious I guess.

We met up again today at Stanley Park for a run with the dogs - after which we went off for a brunch while the dogs stayed in the sufficiently cool car to nap and chew on cow ears. It was lovely; very relaxed, we didn't go into any discussion about it and she didn't try her hand (pun totally intended) at any more overtures. Admittedly she did seem abit starved for a relationship/dating - throwing herself into exercise/intense agility classes with Ruby and being at work all the time doesn't fill that need in her as she expected it would she explained today.

Members online

No members online now.