What activities do you do with your dog?

B

Blue_Dog

Sam is a pet. I would love to try agility but it is a little beyond my budget right now. I love taking dogs on hikes and down to the beach, hopefully Sam will enjoy the water.....

Sam is a pet. I would love to try agility but it is a little beyond my budget right now. I love taking dogs on hikes and down to the beach, hopefully Sam will enjoy the water.....
You dont need a class, persay. If you have enough space, make some cheap equipment and practice on your own. Around here classes are not that expensive. I honeslty save up all my loose change and use it for class, works like a charm lol.

Broom handles int he ground work well as weave poles, make some small jumps, teeter totter wouldnt be to hard, a plank and somehting to balance it out on the bottom. Dont give up if you would love to try.

I dont have any space for anything. But I did buy 5 broom handles just so we can practices weave poles int he back yard. Its really not even big enough for it, but it helps a bit. wish we had proeprty.

Maxy24

No dog right now but with my future pit I'd love to do agility or dock diving. I will probably do rally as well. I would love to get him his Therapy dog title.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Uncle Fred and Mini do informal tracking. They are pretty amazing at it.

Uncle Fred likes to run next to a bike.

Otherwise they spend their time being our buddies.

Does sleeping on my feet count as an activity?

One day I would like to try Mini in agility. She is fast,fast,fast, and uncharacteristically enthusiastic about obeying commands for a beagle. Uncle Fred is as agile as a hippo. He was not designed for fast turns.

B

Blue_Dog

You dont need a class, persay. If you have enough space, make some cheap equipment and practice on your own. Around here classes are not that expensive. I honeslty save up all my loose change and use it for class, works like a charm lol.
I don't have much space but I could try the weave poles. Or I could hi-jack my friends yard...hers is much bigger and her pup has dabbled in agility. All my 'spare change' goes to the other pets. :p

Where abouts do you live in Ontario?
I'm just north or Toronto in Barrie. :)

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Zoey does Agility.

Bella is doing at home obedience, maybe someday agility.

Psyche does agility now, starting obedience, I'd like to do flyball, herding, and if I can find a place, dock diving, but I don't know if she likes water enough, or if people even do that around here.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer does agility, and did therapy work in the past. Beau did rally and conformation but it's been a while. Nard may do agility if he ever matures lol. We're starting training jumps with him.

The others are professional pets. ;)

Summer and I do a lot of informal things like hiking, etc.

ACooper

We like to walk with our dogs. We also GEO Cache with them............I don't know who likes caching more, the kids or dogs, LOL

Other than that, nothing but enjoy their company :)

Every time I mention GEO Caching, there is usually someone who may not have heard of it, so in the interest of that, I will explain real quick. GEO Caching is sort of like a treasure hunt. You go here Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site , get the coordinates for "caches" other people have hidden, type them into your GPS, then you're off! Most of the "treasures" are just a pen and paper to sign saying you found it. Some are little items........you take something, you leave something. It's all good fun, and completely free if you own any type of GPS :) Good exercise, and I would LOVE to teach the dogs to sniff them out! It would save me loads of time! hahahah

If you've never tried it............go have a look around that site! You'll be surprised at how many caches are in your area around the world and you've just found another activity to include your dog in!!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Kenya does agility, she does pretty well and im proud of her :)
she also loves going to the beach!

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Ares did obedience, agility, herding, narcotics detection. Morgan did obedience, herding and therapy work. Both are now retired, so they pretty much just hang out and occasionally do some tricks just for the brain exercise.

Tyr does obedience, he used to do bitework, but I haven't gotten him to training in a while and I'd like to get him back into tracking. I'm beginning to dabble with freestyle with him.

Nyx is struggling to learn obedience and I want to get her to herding training.

I'd also like to get back into agility and do some rally at some point. I'd love to do disc dog, but I'm horrible at throwing a frisbee.

CaliTerp07

I'd love to do disc dog, but I'm horrible at throwing a frisbee.
Hey, if your dog has to learn something new, why shouldn't you? ;)

We're doing agility lessons with Lucy, but I don't think it will ever be competitive (when it becomes competitive it loses all fun for me). I also want to get involved with the therapy dog group in the area--I just have to wait until their monthly training is a day when I'm in town! They have a lot of neat facilities they visit, ranging from nursing homes for calmer dogs to after school groups for at risk kids where the more hyper dogs (aka Lucy) can run around and chase each other.

Mostly though, she's just a companion for us. We take her hiking, take her to dog friendly restaurants, take her to public festivals and parades and other outdoor things.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I'm just north or Toronto in Barrie. :)
Sadly you are a ways away from us near Torontonians. If you do come down this way let us know.. there's a bunch of us. We were tryign to put together an Ontario chaz meet.. wonder if it's still on the table actually.

MH<3dogs

We like to hike A LOT. We are going to be starting obedience classes either next month or in August. I'm just debating on whether or not to take the classes at the community college or to pay more and do it with the club.

Our goal is to do agility and dock diving. Maybe some tracking.

adojrts

We've done, Jrt racing, G2G, Conformation, Trailing & Locating (tracking Jrt style), Lure Coursing and Super Earth at trials. Hunting. Agility, played at Rally but only in fun matches haven't gone sanctioned yet. Did Dock Diving once, that was also fun.
Would like to do more Rally and Dock Diving.

Our main sport is dogsledding which includes scootering and rigging to keep them in shape when there is no snow on the ground. The dogs also love running next to the bike, intense hiking (sometimes with a weighted backpack), playing with the flirt pole (a current favourite), weight pulling, informal therapy work, running errands (they come right into the stores with me which requires strict manners of course) and lately Ronan has had a thing for swimming especially in thise heat! Don't tell Ronan but next UKC Premier there is a chance he will be competing in conformation...maybe...and weight pulling! Would love to try lure coursing some time too.

Members online

No members online now.