remember me??

hey i was just wondering if dogs can remember stuff. roxy and my cousins are coming down for spring break to visit. although im so excited, im not sure if she'll remember me.. :( do you think she will? considering she has hada whole lot more fun at my cousins' house. and shes befriended with a pomeranian and a havanese. im just hoping she will remember me and act like how she did when she was still with me.

oh yeah great news. my aunt has been keeping great care of roxy. she brought her to the vet and got her nails cut, trimmed her hair a litttle, and treated that yeast infection.

I think there's a very good chance she will remember you, even if it takes her a few minutes. Even though she was still essentially a baby when she left, you were hers for quite awhile and you were the first real, long term bond she had with anyone.

There's a great chance she'll not only remember you but will be happy to see you.

Now, YOU remember to let us know how it goes. And don't stay away so long!

When I was a teenager I had a part husky. He was my best friend. When I turned 19 my grandmother in another state became ill and it was to much for grandpa to care for her alone so I left my dog with my parents and moved in with my grandparents to help with her care until she died. I had been gone close to a year before I was able to see my dog again, he was so happy to see me. It was as if I had never left.
Another thing, my grandfather had a dog. This little guy had to warm up to people but with my living there he finally came around and became my friend. I played fetch with him all the time, he and I had become pretty good friends. After grandma's death and I returned to our state it was a few years before I was able to see my grandfater again, by this time I was married and had 2 babies. At first the dog just stood back and looked but then all at once he was getting his ball. I dont know if he really remembered me or if his memory was more of an instinct that said "I think I know you!". Dont know but he and I had fun during our visit with my grandfather anyway.

yeah thats what i worried about bc i know that roxy has been having the time of her life there and when she comes back to visit i dont want her to treat me like any other stranger. she gets well with strangers. she plays with them non stop. but i dont want to be a stranger. i want her to remember me and just attack me like how she did every morning. i also just hope she hasnt changed. from what ive heard she hasnt really grown that much. but the last time i heard that from my cousin was when they were talking about their pomeranian they got down here. they bought it and it looked like any other small puppy pom. but when they brought him back to visit, he was the hugest thing ever. he had legs as long as a gsd. i odnt know if he is really not pure or what but it was strange (we were told he is pure).
im just hoping she remembers, well.

Members online

No members online now.