Jogging/Running with a puppy off lead?

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
LOL! Yeah, when I first got Charlie and was reading up on GSDs, I was like 5 MINUTES?!?!?! Are you kidding me? Have you met this dog???? He was an absolute nightmare of energy from about 4-9 months (so prepare yourself). Thank god he has finally calmed down!

Orijen is a very good food.

noludoru

Bored Now.
The problem with some puppy foods is that the foods make them grow WAY too fast for their little bones to keep up. If it's a large puppy food, as you specified, I don't think that'll be a problem.

After CLICKING (I didn't know I had to do that! :eek:) on your pictures.. I am thinking we were wrong.. maybe there's a LOT more Collie in there. I had a Tosca!Puppy moment for a second.

We'll be able to tell a LOT better in six-8 months, though.. I can't wait. :D:D

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Hi McPie, I sent you a response to your PM. That's a really cute puppy. Looks more BC than Collie in that snout to me. Tosca is an anteater. hahaha. But hey you never know. He does have the sable gum drops over the eyes and the sable neck fur like a Tri Collie, but like Tucker said, there are Tri BCs too. But his size could be GSD influence. Charlies, do Shepherds in any colors have the gum drops? Very cute boy, for sure. In any event, Collie, BC or GSD, all those breeds need some REAL exercise to be happy. Collies need to run and jump and chase and herd. They need to MOVE and it's a beautiful site to behold. A tired Collie is a happy Collie. I know it is the same for BCs too

Mcpie

Yeah, thank you for your response. Agreed after looking at Tosca's pics that her nose is far longer/thinner than Charlie's was (though Charlie recently had a bit of a nose growth). The main difference is the thickness of the nose, but either way, you're right, he's going to need a lot of exercise. Luckily, or unluckily for him, I'm going to take up a heck of a lot of jogging.. once he's old enough that is :)

Tosca's coat also seems longer, even as a puppy, which means I don't think he'll get a very thick Rough Collie coat, if indeed his mother was rough collie to begin with.

Members online

No members online now.