Is this rude or what?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So I went to the store this afternoon to pick up a few things since I have nothing from being gone in Texas all last week. I had this happen not once but TWICE while I was out, both times by employees working in the store.

I got sunburned really badly last week and it's peeling on my face. I've been putting neosporin on it but it looks bad, especially on my forehead. It really looks like my forehead got burned by something other than the sun. There's not much I can do to hide it, it's a giant big blister on my forehead lol.

Well anyways, I got asked at the store 1) What happened to my face. and 2) If I burnt my head with a curling iron. Total strangers mind you. What happened to your face was the first thing out of the one guy's mouth. I mean really wtf? I brushed it off and explained I got sunburned badly but I can't imagine what they might say to people that are really badly burned or have a facial deformity or something like that.

So now I'm all self conscious about my forehead but I don't have bangs to hide it at all.

Kilter

I'd make up a horrible story for next time like you were in an accident and will be like that for life and thank you for bringing it up. Then start to cry.

Just for the entertainment value and to maybe teach them some manners.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'd make up a horrible story for next time like you were in an accident and will be like that for life and thank you for bringing it up. Then start to cry.

Just for the entertainment value and to maybe teach them some manners.
Yah, because it's funny to make fun of people who really do have problems like that.

Paige

Let it be
I would probably have just retored with "I got a nasty sunburn. What's wrong with yours?"

Kilter

Yah, because it's funny to make fun of people who really do have problems like that.
Problems like a lack of manners? I didn't mean make fun of people with disfigurements or scars, if that's what you thought. I'd be one of the last people to do that.

But people with a lack of filter or just plain rude, well they are fair game in my books. Because either they'll think twice the next time or just never clue in that what they said might be hurtful or mean. I've run into those sorts many, many times.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Saying that something is a disfigurement or scar when it isn't is making light/fun of disfigurements and scars.

If I was to pretend I was deaf, that would be considered making fun of deaf people, it's the same thing as people with disfigurements or scars.

Then again, I may be over sensitive to it cause I have to live with stuff like that daily.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yeah, that is REALLY rude! I can't stand when people make comments or ask questions about stuff like that.

Years ago, I had this huge bug bite on my face that I scratched and then covered up the best I could. I had a cashier ask "what the thing on my face was"- I almost died. When I was a cashier in high school, I NEVER asked people questions like that. It's just none of their business!

Members online

No members online now.