Spam deleter task force squad

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Turns out that a large proportion of our spammers now are actual humans and are bypassing what filters have been put in place now. :(
Did mystery admindude take a look at the link I sent regarding the moderators approving posts by folks with less than a certain number of posts?

This one:
Prevent Spam Posts - vBulletin.org Forum

You can set a stricter filter for new members and just approve posts that get sent to the spam filter wrongly.

Many forums also have a rule in place that a new member has to have a post in an intro thread and the intro thread post has to be approved before they can post anywhere else. I'm sure something like this could be implemented here, and with the sheer amount of mods we have it shouldn't be too hard to stay on top of. Easier than continually deleting spam, anyway.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I keep bugging him with this thread, lol ;) His hands are a little tied with what he can do right now, but he's working on that.
I suppose it's an FTP access issue. An admin should be able to access all backend stuff.

Again, not complaining per se, just trying to do the opposite by finding constructive solutions as opposed to I DUNNO HOW TO FIX THIS BUT DO IT.

:rofl1:

What about people who are contributing but show up with advertising in their sig from their first post? I am not referring to people where making their own dog supplies, but say, including a food's tagline to all their posts.

Does that make us targeted more by advertisers if they are paid, and not banned?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Great idea about making people make an intro thread first that must be approved, that will atleast keep it all in one place or discourage them to do the mass amounts of spam

Members online

No members online now.