Yucky Wart... Or What?

Papaya

Noni has been licking his foot after he comes from walks since... Well about Saturday, I guess.
At first I thought it was salt getting in between his feet from outside on the sidewalk, but he wouldn't let me touch his paws so I couldn't be sure. Anyways, I cleaned his paws with water and a clean cloth as much as I could.

I avoided the salt paths and still he was licking when we got home.
And well, it started bothering me because he won't stop licking! Its gets annoying after a while when all you hear is his tongue 'flipping' around.

So, blah blah blah... I got him to let me touch his feet finally... and now I think he has a wart. At first I thought it was only one foot, but all of them have this little bald spot with a bubble (best way I can describe it sorry).

Any tips to getting rid of warts on dogs?

When my horses had warts we always rubbed garlic on them, Aloe Vera and Vitamin E which always got rid of them. But its much easier to apply on a horses' hindquarters or withers than in- between toes on a dog.

Has he seen a vet for this? If not, I'd take him in before treating it for/assuming it's a wart.
An e-collar (plastic cone) may need to be used until the paw is healed.
But you really need to have it diagnosed by a vet.

Yes I would defintetely take him to see the vet and keep in mind that not only will salt get stuck in the hair of their feet, but it can also burn their feet too. So it is probably best to try hard to avoid the salted paths anyway, I know easier said than done huh! :)

Members online

No members online now.